cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to force the implementation of a SAP note?

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am installing SAP CPM, software components CPD 1.0 and PICM 1.0.  During the SAINT installation, I hit an error for both components in the ABAP Generation Phase.  I have found two notes with automatic corrections (1843317 and 2040519) to fix the errors.

However, when attempting to implement both notes through SNOTE, it shows them as "Cannot be implemented".  I am assuming this is because the software components are not fully installed yet.

I know that I can get the correction instructions from each note and manually put them in, but one of the notes has 15+ corrections.  Not exactly how I want to spend my day.

Is there a way to force SNOTE to implement a note that is listed as "cannot be implemented"?  If not, does anyone have a better way to get the corrections applied besides doing each one manually?

Thanks!

-Jayson

0 Kudos

Hi I know its not recent issue, I am interested how did u resolve thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arsnlgunnr
Participant

Resolved.

I totally forgot that you can ignore ABAP generation errors in SAINT.  I selected to ignore and completed the install.

The notes now show that they can be implemented and I have implemented them successfully.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

Take a wise decision, consult sap support for once.

Divyanshu

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry !! As packages are not available for download under SMP, so last you'll need to perform manual corrections in your system .

Regards,

Gaurav

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Both notes say to implement after the software component has been installed to fix the error.

How am I supposed to implement the note if I'm getting the error BEFORE the installation is complete????

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Would be better to opt support package implementation as i can see support packages are available under both the notes rather to perform manual corrections under SAP Notes.

Try to implement Support packages,to save your time and also to avoid any issues.

Hope you'll find it helpful.

Regards,

Gaurav

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

That won't work either.  Since the software component is not fully installed through SAINT, SPAM cannot be used until the SAINT process has completed.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here i would recommend to go for correction instruction instead of searching force implementation of SAP Notes as notes are used to fix bugs under some specific SAP standard codes and affects specific programs even and only recommended if support package still to be provided by SAP.

Also need to check for the supported releases under SAP notes for performing corrections (strictly based or relevant for mentioned releases.)

Hope you will understand and will try to avoid any issues by opting any force methods to implement the SAP Notes.

Regards,

Gaurav

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If the status of the SAP notes shows as "Cannot be implemented" then you cannot implement it as it is not relevant to your system.

Regards

RB

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

It is relevant because it's for the error I'm getting during the install.