cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We currently use SSO for all our SAP Systems.

And we have implemented Agentry as our mobile solution. Currently in the Agentry App, the user has to enter a username and a password to be able to access SAP. This is becoming a major hindrance for the adoption of this application, as the users are not used to remember and enter passwords to access SAP-related stuff.

We want to evaluate the possibility of using SSO with Agentry. Does anyone have any experience in this?

(I think I understand that the user might have to always enter a password in the Agentry App, the only difference being that it will be his network password.)

I just want the very high level steps which one would require to move in this direction. So we can evaluate the effort and make an informed decision.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

True SSO support (where the user doesn't have to enter in user name and password) is not supported by Agentry.  The SSO support is our SAP Products the user still needs to enter in username and password.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

That was my understanding as well. Can it be a network password and not an SAP Password?

Network Passwords are easier to remember and we should face less issues with them.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Starting Work Manager 6 and all applications released after that do support SSO.  Where users can enter in the Network ID onto the client and then Server will send a message to the SAP Ticket System and use that ticket to access the SAP System.

The information on how to set this up in the implementation guide.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is really very helpful Stephen. It will really help me.

Just two last questions:

Can we make it work with Work Manager 5.3?

We have standalone Agentry in our landscape. Will Work Manager 6 work with it or does it need SMP?

Thank you so much.

Regards

Ankur Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

II have seen the services team get it to work Work Manager 5.3, but don't know the level of effect to get it to work.

Yes, it can work on Agentry 6.0 as all changes are done withing in the Application \ Java Levels and not at the platform.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Stephen.

Answers (0)