Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while checking in and storing

dacian_micle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

User try to check in (connected to PDM using NWBC via Citrix) a .doc file when he receives the error message: "Error while checking in and storing", if he try to check in a .txt file in the same document info record then it works. If he switch right away from NWBC to SAP GUI it works also to check in the  .doc file which previously did not work.

There are periods (a few days) when it works also when using NWBC to check in .doc file.

In "define workstation application" the file format .doc is defined.

In SLG1 i could find the following logs pointing to this error:

"HTTP error: 500 Internal server error 50003: Cannot read enough data from stream (wrongcontent lenght?) - not enought data from client" and

"An error occurred when calling module SCMS_DOC_CREATE_FILES".

We are using OpenText for storing.

Any ideas from your side what could be the problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dacian_micle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

The user got the "error while checking in and storing" again and this time he has it also when using SAP GUI, after 20 tries and a few hours he was able to check in the document,but then another error appeared when he wanted to switch to a different document status: "An error occured while creating the original attribute for" Message no. 26296

In SLG1 i could find 2 logs which points to the same error:

"Connection to http://<content server URL>: TCP/IP error" message no. 04101 and "Repository <repository name > cannot be addressed from the frontend" CMS066

Please suggest a possible cause for this.

Thanks,

Dacian

pascalniemietz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dacian,

maybe there is an problem with the whitelist on the client side.

Please check WDR_ACF_WLIST if DOC is defined there.

After that Download the certificate to the client PC.

Regards,

Pascal

dacian_micle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

We have checked the whitelist, and all the needed applications ar maintained inside. Users receives this error while using the t-code cv01n for example, considering that the whitelist is only used by NWBC and only when the WebUI is used (and not if they use SAP GUI transaction inside the NWBC) then i assume that the whitelist is not the one causing the problem here.

Thank you!

Dacian

DavidLY
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you using AIX system?

The problem may related to a problem by AIX system. The bug is relevant to TCP retransmit. So please check with IBM parallelly with the issue. From what I can see, following
AIX bug may related, but please confirm with IBM regarding to this.

IV14297: TCP RETRANSMIT PROCESSING IS VERY SLOW APPLIES TO AIX 6100-07
IV18483: TCP RETRANSMIT PROCESSING IS VERY SLOW APPLIES TO AIX 6100-06
IV14524: TCP RETRANSMIT PROCESSING IS VERY SLOW APPLIES TO AIX 6100-08

I believe this is network related.

Regards,

David

dacian_micle
Explorer
0 Kudos

One content/archive server is on Linux Sles 11 and all the others are on windows 2008 x64.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dacian