cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of a Dialog Instance (DI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently installing a HA environment with an SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 System on Windows with MSSQL and MSCluster.
Everything went wll. I am using the SWPM 1.0. The system needs to be non-unicode.

I know that the newer installation are everytime Unicode. Regarding this, I have installed my First Cluster Node, Addition Cluster Node and Central instance as System copy. There, I could select, that I want to have non-unciode. These instances are all running fine.

The problem is now the dialog instance which I install on the second node. Everytime during the installation process, the SWPM is asking for a unicde kernel. I dont know why. Maybe someone from you could help here.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to provide the unicode Kernel. I don't know why, but I have provided SWPM the unicode kernel DVD clicked continued and my system was installed as non-unicode. I guess, that the SWPM needs one unicode tool from the kernel DVD to check something.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member196113
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you find a solution? We have the same problem.

Br

Steven

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steven

As required by SWPM, you can provide Unicode Kernel DVD/CD for correct version (7.21, etc...) & installation may be continued...

Ensure that you are using correct version of SWPM (there are 2 versions (for 7.0 and >= 7.0  available) and its required Kernel.

regards

Swami

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

As per SAP note

860992 - Inst. SAP Systems Based on NW 7.0 incl. EHPs on Win:IBM i

Unicode and Non-Unicode Support

Every new installation of an SAP system is Unicode.

If you install a dialog instance to an existing non-Unicode system (that has been upgraded to the current release), then the dialog instance is installed automatically as a non-Unicode instance. SAPinst determines if a non-Unicode system exists and chooses the right executables for the system type

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Please see below comment

2.3 Can I install my SAP system as a non-Unicode system?

You can install an SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR1 or SR2 ABAP system as a non-Unicode system. When you install an SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR1 or SR2 dual-stack system (ABAP+Java), the ABAP part of this system can also be installed as non-Unicode, while the Java part can only be installed as Unicode.
As of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3, you cannot install an SAP NetWeaver ABAP system or the ABAP part of an SAP NetWeaver dual-stack system as non-Unicode any longer. However, non-Unicode is still supported when you perform the system copy of an SAP system upgraded to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3.

for more info

BR

Atul