cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client ABAP Proxy : how to know which program is calling that service interface proxy

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have prepared some client proxy in ECC to communicate with PI.

But, if I am not wrong, unlike server proxy which is written directly in the class Provider class in SPROXT transaction, in client proxy we write abap code to trigger proxy in SE38 .

My question is : If I am in SPROXY and looking at any outbound SI, of which proxy is already generated, then how can in SE38  can I find which program is triggering that interface or proxy?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

In sproxy, double click your proxy class and then select where-used (ctrl+shift+f3). It should list the programs calling your proxy class.

PS: This approach will not work if the proxy class is being called dynamically.

Regards,

Mark

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your answer but I didnt understand why you wrote it would not work if called dynamically.

Actually I would like to run this interface when a certain transaction is run.Means if a sales order is created then in that transaction I want to link this proxy so that created sales order number automatically goes to target viza PI.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

What I meant by dynamic is of type ANY. For the where-used list to work, it has to be declared explicitly in the program e.g lo_prxy TYPE REF TO yourProxyClass. If it is declared like this

CREATE OBJECT <ref> TYPE (yourProxyClass), where-used will not work.

Regards,

Mark

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ohh I got your point ..Thanks a lot for that example

0 Kudos

Hello Mark!!

if it is dynamic then how can we identify the abap/program name ??

hope you reply me soon.

thanks in advance.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member312864
Active Participant
0 Kudos

also check below for sample abap program to call proxy

former_member312864
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,