Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Interface Security Profile & Idempotency

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PI Experts,

Based on the information given in the following link:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/5b14cf63424992e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

- Quoting the link The security profile "... form the metadata descriptions which influence the behavior during implementation of this service definition."

=> Does this mean the implementation should be handled by the application programmer?

- The Security Profile section shows that there are some values available for the security profile and the default value when we create a new SI is Low.

From the link above, it is stated that "Low - Basic Authentication using user ID and password and no transport security."

=> Does this mean I can configure the user ID and password to be used at the interface? If yes, where can I configure it?

- From the same link above, from what I get at the Idempotency section.

=> Does the Idempotency mechanism is handled by PI or should be handled by the provider application programmer? If it is automatically handled by PI, what is the transaction ID used for to check if the message has been sent before? If not, what is the advantage of ticking the Idempotency for the provider application programmer?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

- Quoting the link The security profile "... form the metadata descriptions which influence the behavior during implementation of this service definition."

=> Does this mean the implementation should be handled by the application programmer?

----->>>> The service interface configuration needs to done by application developer and it should be as per given scenario. In most of the cases this configuration is same (unless a specific scenario).

- The Security Profile section shows that there are some values available for the security profile and the default value when we create a new SI is Low.

From the link above, it is stated that "Low - Basic Authentication using user ID and password and no transport security."

=> Does this mean I can configure the user ID and password to be used at the interface? If yes, where can I configure it?

--->>> you do not need to configure the user id or password. this is for the consumer, when you expose your service interface as service and consumer needs to use the service with user id and password (for Low) and needs certificates for SSL connection.

regards,

Harish

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thank you for the answer. Let's get synced, do you mean "application developer" as PI Developer or the end system application developer (consumer/provider system developer)?

Regards,

Suwandi C.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

PI developer needs to configure the service interface in ESR according to the scenario. and any special requirement/scenario needs to check in analysis phase and architect will confirm this.

regards,

Harish