cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Background Job Permanently

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

While monitoring SM37, there was a background job scheduled for every one minute by userID:- 'X' with a parameter "X1". Mr.'X' ID was deleted from the client and the JOB was iterating and getting canceled as user does not exits\not found.

Another background job was running with the same  Job name as above, but here a different parameter X2 (Variant) & different user ID, now user exits. It was scheduled to run in every 5 minutes.

Now my question is how to delete the first job which was created by X. I tried to delete in SM37-> steps -> select job in Scheduled status -> deleted.

Well it appears again as released and the job is getting canceled. can i have a permanent solution to delete this job. I tried to change the ownership of the job but it was only on display mode, Not allowing me into change mode.

After quite r7d i tried from OS level also : \usr\sap\SID\sys\global\<client>joblg file. but i can`t able to identify the particular file that was related to this background job.

Thanks in Advance .

Rgds,

vamc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding you have 2 BTC jobs with same name.. one with 1 minute frequency & another with 5 minute frequency. And you do not need job one whihc runs every minute.

Now in SM37, only select Released job with this name.. you should get 2 entry. Now, you should put the job one in scheduled status from Released status which will make this not to run again and later you can delete the job also.

Best regards
ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Please check if the variant begins with & sign, then the variant is dynamic you can't change the userid. Please check with backup team if they are using a third party tool to run the background jobs.

Also, please check the following thread.

Thank you

Adil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u try this

go to SM37 and search for the job with released status ,and select that job and go to Job Tab-->Click on Released to Scheduled .

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep Alapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have u Checked this ?

go to SM37 and search for the job with released status ,and select that job and go to Job Tab-->Click on Released to Scheduled .

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I tried to delete in SM37-> steps -> select job in Scheduled status -> deleted.

Well it appears again as released and the job is getting canceled.

What is the job name ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is QM_AUTO_UD, program :- RQEVAI30.

rgds,

vamc.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

2 Things to check

1) Look out for all the jobs with same name under scheduled status for past 1 year and then delete it.

Put USERID as *

2) May be check with functional consultant whether it has to do with some settings in QA17 and Material master inspection settings.

Regards,

Deepak Kori