Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirment for Material Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have  Client Requirment  as below

For My Material Variant Created with Refernce to  Configurable Material, the BOM should not get exploded it should explode at Single Level, and Requirments need not  get Transferred down the Level , is there any customisation settings for the same, if any body has some ideas Please share.

for Example I have Material Variant - CAR_MV  and configurable Material- CAR_CM

and in my BOM of CAR_CM I have two components i.e  CAR_ASSEMBLY & CAR_ACCESORY.

Requirment is when I Create Sale Order for Material Variant CAR_MV  the configuration needs to get copied from configurable Material-CAR_CM  and only BOM should explode up to Single Level. say up to CAR_CM

It should not explode components

CAR_ASSEMBLY & CAR_ACCESORY. 

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sandeep patil,

Please check configuration profile of your configurable material, and remove the tick mark for multilevel explosion.

It seems there you have put a tick mark and that's why all levels beneath configurable materials are getting exploded.

Also check  , " only configurable material" tick mark in configuration profile.

change it to blank or make a tick mark and run a test.

Check and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh

Thanks for your Reply, I am aware of the settings mentioned by you, but still my requirment is not getting completed,

actually my requirment is  BOM  should not  get Exploded  for configurable Material which is getting selected by Material Varaint.

For the Normal scenario i.e when we enter a Configurable Material the BOM should get exploded, it happens as I have kept multilevel explosion.

Regards

Sandeep

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sandeep patil,

Didnt understand your requirement, if you can brief on whole process , it may be easy to suggest you some thing.

By the way if you dont want a BOM explosion , you can try deleting assignment to configurable material BOM CS40.

If there is no BOM assigned , there will not be a BOM explosion.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

Thanks for your reply, I will brief you the requirment  my client is steel Industry where we are having Material Variants based on Style code ie. Thickness,Width combination Variants

Our Requirment is  as below  Customer Places frequent orders  to our Hyper Marts of the same sizes, and there will be Central Sales Team which will club all those orders  and  Place Consolidated  Orders with configurable Material  to  the 2 Plants.

Our Requirment is such that BOM for the Material Variant which is refernced through Configurable material should get exploded .ie it should stop at Single Level or None.

I tried CS40 by deleting the assignments for BOM, it did not work out,

Thanks
Sandeep

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sandeep patil

Our Requirment is such that BOM for the Material Variant which is refernced through Configurable material should get exploded .ie it should stop at Single Level or None.

Its what been controlled through BOM level explosion settings in configuration profile.

If you want multilevel explosion choose the appropriate value or choose single level , and only first level of BOM will be exploded.

Seems as you already have made BOM assignment thats why even after deleting assignment BOM explosion is happening for material variant.

For a test , please create a new variant and do not assign it to any BOM and create sales order, it will not result in BOM explosion, try out and come back.

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can clsoe this thread if got the answer, if possible also share your solution with forum, it may be useful for others facing same issue.

Thanks

Ritesh