Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process of adding a custom field and replication with idoc MDGF

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to understand the impact of adding a simple custom field to an existing entity and replicate it using ALE and idocs for Cost Center.

My understanding is the following to add a simple custom field without a check table to Cost Center:

1.Add the field to the data model and entity example CCTR also add the field to table CSKS.

2.Release the data model and generate the structures. The new field will be generated in the /MDG/SX_0G_CCTR structure.

3.Add the field to the UI to be able to capture it in the request.

4.Include or append the field to be in the USMD_E1CSKSM structure. Not sure if E1CSKSM should also be appended - Not sure if this is required at all or how to get the field in the structure  USMD_E1CSKSM?

5.Find out which bapi is required to include the field as part of the update,is any update required?

6.Find out if the idocs for COSMAS needs to be amended to allow for the custom field to be replicated.

I am sure there should be a simple process to do this.I need to know if that is the process or is there a specific enhancement that needs to be developed to allow for this functionality to be able to post the data with an idoc when it is captured in MDG.

Thanks and best regards

Riaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks, I am aware of the document but the document describes how the MDG structure is updated - /MDG/SX_0G_CCTR and not how to update structure USMD_E1CSKSM to be able to complete the mapping for the custom field that is not existing in structure USMD_E1CSKSM.

Regards

Riaan

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riaan

You must have generated the structure after adding the new field in MDG? Still its not working?

Kiran