Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO 4.1 having SAP ECC 6.0

ankit_vaidya26
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Fellas,

I am little bit confused regarding with the fetching the data from SAP ECC directly. I am using SAP BO 4.1 SP3 and backend version is ECC 6.0 EHP 7. I have created universe using IDT tool and successfully fetched the data. But since I have to develop dashboard , I have to show the data per month wise. So in this case when i select the field from a specific infoset created by me like BEGDA and ENDDA so afte executing both fields I can see the dates but it is constant as SAP Interface consultant can put the range of dates if he wants to generate report on the particular month.

How can I get the months as I am not getting specific months in the BEGDA and ENDDA table since its values are constant for all the records.

Please share your views...

Regards,

Ankit Vaidya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If SAP ECC as back-end of your dashboard, as per the best practice, pushed down to database level all the predefined time periods and include at the

–Classic InfoSets

–ABAP Functions

–ABAP Queries

So in the BO dash board we can just drag and drop. So it’s will improve the performance also.

Please find the below like’s  Universe Optimization Techniques, pushed down all the calculation to database level

http://scn.sap.com/community/semantic-layer/blog/2014/05/14/universe-optimization-techniques

ankit_vaidya26
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Thanks for your reply. But I am creating universe and on the base of universe I am creating webi report and then I am bringing the object in the dashboard through Live Office.So was checking in the IDT.

Thanks.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want months, I recommend creating a local calculated field in the InfoSet before creating the Universe in the IDT

ankit_vaidya26
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your valuable reply. Can you share some documents if available for creating local calculated field in the infoset.

Thanks.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just searched SCN (and you should too to further refine what you are looking for) - see   or

I searched and found over 4,620 hits on SCN - there are several explanations on how to do it. Good luck

ankit_vaidya26
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Tammy.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi,

please could you illustrate your problem with a screenshot ?

should I move this discussion to dashboard forum or keep in semantic layer?

regards,

H

ankit_vaidya26
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Keep in semantic layer as of now...will send you the screenshot soon.

Thanks