Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira over BW

shlomi_weiss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I've downloaded the trial Client version and I managed to build a simple visualization over a BW query, but I have a few questions:

1. I don;t have any ability to compose or share my report.
Is it a limitation when working over BW?

2. Is it possible to publish my report to BO Launch pad? I don't want to publish corporate data to the cloud.

Thanks

Shlomi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shlomi,

In this current release (1.17) you can only connect to BW to build visualizations in "online" mode.

And yes, you can definitely publish to BI Launch Pad, you only need to deploy the BI Add-on for SAP Lumira (follow the link)

Regards,

SJR

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shlomi, yes it sounds a bit complicated... And it is ! But that's SAP usual way of building / licensing products. Sometimes I think the next recruitment process will be to incorporate someone to deal with SAP exclusively :S

The main reason for this set up complexity is that you need Lumira Server to run your Lumira visualizations and storys (even need it manage and share extensions, something you can't do in the cloud version...) and Lumira Server runs on HANA XS Engine. So you also need that :S

But you should explore this in more detail, because in the end you shouldn't need the appliance itself, but the XS engine, and you can get licensing for that exclusively (via HANA Basic license...) and with the posibility of using own infrastructure, maybe you can find a way around the complexity

Cheers !

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Santiago:  At this stage, a HANA appliance *is* required.  Lumira Server uses more than just the XS Engine - it also uses the HANA Calculation Engines and other platform level services, so I do not think it is accurate to say that you can license a HANA Basic Edition without an appliance. 

We are working on how to reduce the complexity and the footprint, but today, a HANA appliance is required with either a full use, or a restricted use license.

We just did a Webinar on this topic this morning and the recording should be posted soon:

shlomi_weiss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SJR

Thanks for your answer

Do you know if there is a trial version for the BI Add-on as well?

Shlomi

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, i'm afraid not, as it requires BI Platform plus HANA platform with Lumira Server installed, all on-premise.

regards,

H

shlomi_weiss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Do I have to have HANA in order to publish a Lumira over BW model to BO Lanch pad???

Shlomi

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - see

shlomi_weiss2
Participant
0 Kudos

So, just to sum things up and to see that I understand

In order to publish a Lumira report to BO Launch Pad, I need Lumira server and HANA?

Shlomi

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes