cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-F 7.0 future planned data replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From what I have learned, valid from date in Edition can be used to control of timing of the data replication. In my data prototype in MDG-F 7.0, it is clear that GL change request will go with that. In other words, if the valid from date =August 1, 2014 (today=07/15/2014), GL change request won't come into ECC until August 1 2014 is arrived. it is behaved this way regardless of the choise of replication timing I have made.

Will the same behavior occur to cost center change request and profit center change request?

Thanks,

Luo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Luo,

Yes correct ,all Financial objects(including Cost center, profit center, G/L accounts, Cost Center groups etc) are based on Editions, and these are replicated to ECC system based on the data replication options which you have opted like as in your case "valid from date" criteria.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek.

So, in the given example that an edition created with valid from date Jan 1, 2015 to which the cost center change request is tied, the cost center data will NOT come into ECC until Jan 1, 2015 regardless of replication timing option 1 or 2 or 3.  Correct?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

Just wanted to understand what is the need for creating CC in future date? Best way is to create edition valid from certain date to today or 9999. Release the edition and then create new edition for your new set of data.

This is the best way to control your data and avoid confusion.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you.

i am actually confused by the concept that edition can be used for future planned finanical master date.

I now think this is true if it is GL create/change. but the concept does not exist in cost center and profit center master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

For example, SAP FI/CO is rolling out to a new company in 3 month down the road.

in the company, we are getting new GL account, of course new cost center. We can create change request along the way as identified. Until we are hitting the FICO go live date, we won't release the edition and do replication. Can we do that?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

Yes you can do that but the real problem I faced is that in the edition screen you get the list of all the editions. Users get confused with this.

Best way is to connect your DEV / Quality systems with resp MDG Dev and Quality. Use automatic replication. Perform the testings in each system. Once you get the approval you can create master data in production a day before go-live. This is working well till now in my case.

Kiran