cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Guide for Testing SAP NW MI & its Mobile Solutions (MAM, MAU, MTT, ...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

As per my experience, there is no enough Methodology & Tools to test the SAP Mobile solutions landscape. There are scattered documents from SAP, which are neither enough nor sufficient to carry out the different required tests from Unit test till the stress & volume tests before the Go-Live in a reliable way!

I would appreciate it very much if we combine all our experiences to compile a guide about this topic, which we can all share and even continue updating it as SAP guys further develop their Mobile Technology.

I would suggest that this SAP Mobility Solutions Test Guide should contain the main sections:

- Testing NW MI MW server.

- Testing the ECC as a MI backend system

- Critical business processes of the mobile scenario (MAM for example)

- Testing the Mobile Applications on clients devices (MAM, MAU, MTT, …)

- Performance tuning tips for all the involved software components

- Performance tuning tips for the all involved servers.

The guide should contain methodologies, tools, reference to SAP documents, sample actual testing results, ...

I would volunteer to compile your feedback into final master document and publish the final guide in SDN for all of us.

If somebody compiled such guide, it would be great if you publish it in the SDN.

Your feedback about this idea and contents for this guide is much appreciated & sure will help all of us to deliver better quality.

Thanks

Ahmed El Adl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Its a nice thread to start with. We shall do the same.

We are testing MI for past 1.6 yrs.

<<<<- Testing NW MI MW server.

- Testing the ECC as a MI backend system

- Critical business processes of the mobile scenario (MAM for example)

- Testing the Mobile Applications on clients devices (MAM, MAU, MTT, …)

- Performance tuning tips for all the involved software components

- Performance tuning tips for the all involved servers.>>>>

Testing NW MI MW server----The entire backend side developed application can be automated(covering many features)

We have been executing few standard test cases and enhancing them.

So can you explain more clearly about what sort of methodologies you are talking about.

We generally analyze customer raised messeges and try to pump in more test cases to cover the features.

May be this is the starting to get more enchaments methodologies to improve MI.

FYI..In Newyork release MI architecture is going to be changed a bit...so can expect better performance(Webdynpro from client side)

Cheers,

Karthick