cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Key figure data between two planning area with different storage bucket profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a DP planning area ' PA1' with monthly storage bucket profile data view 'PA1M' ( monthly TBF) and I want to copy the data to another planning area 'PA2' whose storage bucket is weekly. This would need me to write a custom program which will split monthly to weekly and then populate 'PA2'.

However, In 'PA2', I created two data views 'PA2W' (with weekly time bucket profile) and 'PA2M' (with Monthly Time bucket profile). If I am able to copy the data from PA1 (PA1M) to PA2(PA2M), it will automatically splits monthly to weekly in PA2W.

So my question is if there exists a way I can copy key figure data from PA1M to PA2M? Any BAPI?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

You can use COPY/Version Management Function to do this.

Path: Demand Planning > Environment >Copy/ Version Management

The system takes into account only those periodicities that are common to both planning areas.

For example, if the data is saved in months in the source planning area (PA1) but in months and weeks in the target planning area (PA2)

the system copies to months in the target planning area and then Disaggregates the data to the storage buckets in accordance with the Time-based Disaggregation.

hope this wil help to understand the basic concept.

Kapil

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

You can use program /SAPAPO/RTSCOPY to copy the data from one planning area and version to another planning area and version when both the planning areas have the similar storage bucket profile.

Copy the data from PA1 to the infocube via transformation with storage bucket profile of PA2.

Using transaction /SAPAPO/TSCUBE you can copy from infocube to PA2.

Regards,

TP