cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Validations - Using a subset of a field not allowed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are in ECC 6.0 and I am trying to create a PS Validation to check between

Project Profile vs PROJ-PSPID :1-1: (1st character of the Project Number)

However I am getting GGB520 error : "Conditions cannot be edited with the formula editor". This leads me to OSS Note 167634. However It is not clear how to achieve a validation by using subset of a field. The corrections are not valid for ECC 6.0 and earlier in ECC 5.0, I have done such validations successfully. 

Can you  please clarify, what should I do? We don't want to go to user exit validation route.

Thanks,

Regards,

Davit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi...

i have not really understood the situation under which you got the error.

I would like to mention that similar conditions with this you are trying to make are fairly easy...ex

PROJ-PSPID :1-1: = 'C' in the pre-req as taken exactly from a productive system).

If you would like to elaborate a little bit more on what you are trying to do and which version of sap you are in...maybe would give a more precise answer.

Cheers

Panagiotis

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Davit,

I had put something like same validation in my one project ans it is working . this validation will restrict the project code of a certain project profile in a certain range.

same way we can put the validation of project code validation with project profile.

Prerequisite

PROJ-PROFL = 'Project Profile Code '

Check

( (PROJ-PSPID : 3-6 : >= ' 1000 ' ) AND (PROJ-PSPID : 3-6 : <= ' 1999 ' ) )

Project Code is not in defined range.

rgds

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh / Panagiotis.

Thank you for all your comments. I exactly knew what to do, since I did multiple times before. However I have been in the "Expert Mode" and it was preventing me to use "Fld.Comp" button or  use a field like that PROJ-PSPID : 3-6.

Once I turned off the Expert Mode, my issue was resolved.

Thanks again.

regards,

Davit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davit,

I googled your case and found some useful information. Request you to go through the same.

Conditions cannot be edited with the formula editor

Also, please see the notes as mentioned in the attachment.

301265, 214374, 167634.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria