cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Calendar Impacts and Risks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm need to create a new factory calendar and I found some steps to how to do it, but unfortunately, I didn't found any document explaining how the Factory Calendar works and the impacts, and I have some doubt about the risks that could appears, like:

1 - Is there any risk or impact if I create a new Factory Calendar and attached it in new projects? Thinking in others modules in SAP, I need to configure others environment that wasn't the transaction SCAL, CJ20N or OPSA?

2 - If I modify any Factory Calendar that was in production and attached in some projects that didn't finished yet, what risks could be happen?

3 - Is it possible to create a range of 'holydays' as a floating public holyday? I mean, during 2 weeks in the year (Christmas and New Year's Weeks) some projects didn't work, I'm trying to configure and noticed that I need to inform every day and month in the range by year.

I really appreciate if anyone could help me or have any documentation about this.

Thank You!

Best Regards,

Raphael Palmieri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

why you want to create new factory calendar?

if you wan to change any thing in new calender then why don't change in existing calender?

risk OR impact will happen once you do because all production are schedule accordingly.

let say in you changes you have added new holiday in your existing factory calender then it will impact on production at all.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sanjeev,

The client would like to change the actual Z Factory Calendar, and/or create a new one for some projects that gonna be in system, but, they have doubts about the impacts.

I'm reading some comments and I think that doesn't going to impact cash flow or payments, except for the dates in projects definition or in PR/PO. Am I right?

I'm still looking a way to define a range of 'holidays' during 2 weeks in the year, the company doesn't work during this period. Is it possible to do this? Or I need to define 14 days as floating public holiday?

Best Regards!

Raphael

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

yes basically factory calender would impact on date only in cross module also. and you can define continuing 14 days floating public holiday. in existing calender or new one calender then assigned your updated calender there where you want, test it and let me know any concern.

if any even as cash-flow or other kind of even are schedule within existing calender then those would be moving backward or forward only.

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As shown above,enter text "Factory Calender impacts" in the text box and you will get multiple treads on factory calender, go through them to know the answer to your queries.

Thanks