cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out memory consumption for table in HANA without load it into memory

Former Member

Hi,

To determine the memory consumption for a table in HANA, you can query table M_CS_TABLES, however, it requires load table into memory first, I just wonder if there has another table store memory consumption information for all HANA tables regardless it load into memory or not. Below is screenshot for one of table in my system, since that table is partially loaded into memory, "Total Memory Consumption (KB):" tell me the memory consumption of the portion load into memory, what I am looking for is something like "Estimated Maximun Memory Consumption (KB)" which provides me total memory consumption for that table including portion doesn't load into memory, of course I can use this Esitmated information, but consider I have close to thousand tables in my HANA system already, it's not pratical to check tables one by one.

Thanks,

Xiaogang.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor

Hi,

You can get the details from M_CS_TABLES View, just run the below query

SELECT SCHEMA_NAME, TABLE_NAME, ROUND(SUM(ESTIMATED_MAX_MEMORY_SIZE_IN_TOTAL)/1024/1024/1024) AS "SIZE IN GB"

FROM M_CS_TABLES

WHERE SCHEMA_NAME = 'SCHEMA_NAME'

GROUP BY SCHEMA_NAME, TABLE_NAME

ORDER BY TABLE_NAME

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I already mentioned this in my question but this view doesn't help, it required load tables into memory first, my question is without load tables into memoy, where can I find out estimated memory requirement for each table.

Regards,

Xiaogang

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor

Hi Xiaogang,

Estimated Memory Size that you see in the Table Run time Information - same is available in M_CS_TABLES also

If you don't get the size of any Table in M_CS_TABLES View, then the same will also not be available in Runtime information of the Table

Even if tables are not loaded into memory, you can get the Estimated Size, just try running the query with filter LOADED = 'NO'

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the reply, yes, that's what I am looking for.

Xiaognag.

Former Member

Totally true, Really helpful info ...Thnks Vivek !!!

Regards,

Krishna

Answers (0)