cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Material BOM is not exploding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus.

So, the Material I created is:

• Configurable
    In MM03 transaction:
    Basic Data 2 tab > Material is configurable = checked
    Sales Org. 2 tab > Item Cat. Group = 0002 "Configuration"

• It has a Sales BOM
    In transaction CS03:
    Usage = 5 (Sales and Distribution Relevant)
  • Its Variant Configuration profile
    In transaction CU43:
    BOM Explosion = set to Multilevel

• Whithin its corrresnding Item Category
    Structure Scope  = "D" Configuration, poss. with BOM explosion
    Therefore the BOM explosion is allowed for this material.

Nevertheless, when trying to create a Sales Order through VA01, I get the screens to configure the Variant, but the BOM is not exploded, has somebody an idea about this?

Thanks in advanced!

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your kind help colleagues!

I went through your suggestions and it made me notice some inconsistencies with my data.

1. For the Item Category of the top-level Material (TAC - VariantConfiguration) I needed to set the Application parameter to "SD01" (Sales and Distribution):

The value "D" for "Structure Scope" is valid for exploding purposes, in this case it is used for configurable materials.
    Note: Transaction code VOV7 allows you to customize the Item Categories.

2. Some of the Materials in my BOM were not extended to the corresponding Sales Area that I was creating the Sales Order for; I just needed to extend these Materials to the proper Plant, Sales Org. and Distr. Channel.
    Note: You can do this through transaction MM01; select the "Sales Org. Data 2" tab and type in the corresponding Sales Area data that you want to extend the Material for.

Regards!

Guillermo.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Guillermo Cruz

Thank you so much For updating  once You solved issue , it is very Helpful To others .. keep it up Dear .

Thanks a lot Chhers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Guillermo 

BOM Is not exploding .. means You have to check

1) vov7-- structurel scope --A I think so

2) Check you have maintained Delivery Group in VOV7 If you have maintained delivery group It wont explode if sufficient stock is not there

3) OMIW ---Need to be activated check Box To explode BOM

4) Check Display range ( UALL )

5)Check properly maintained Item category Determination in vov4    

Thanks a lot

venu Gopala reddy

0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

The BOM explosion does not explodes at sales order for an aVC material. I followed above instructions and configuration profile is kept as 'SET'. Can you please advice? The system is S4H 1909 OP.

RicardoCirilo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hola Guillermo,

are all the Item Category association right up? Usually this is the problem with the BOMs. Could you please provide the info about the materials (Higher and Lower levels) and also how are they structured in VOV4.

Regards!