cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM: upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 impacts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I want to upgrade my SAP solution manager from 7.0 to 7.1 but I have some doubts about the impacts on the current Charm configuration. I read the charm upgrade document available in the SAP portal (https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_OBJECT=011000358700001056012011E&_SCENARIO=011000358700000...)but It's not clear form me if, in case I'm not interested to use the new charm functionalities, I can still use the old transaction types created in SM 7.0.

In the upgrade guide I found the following statement:

"The former Change Request Management scenario can still be used after an upgrade to the SAP Solution Manager release 7.1. SAP recommends a transition phase............All new Change Request Management processes are created with the new object types and processed within the SAP WebClient. You can use PFCG roles to restrict the authorization for message creation."

Please can anyone answer to this simple questions:

can I still create CR and CD after the upgrade by using the old transaction types defined in SM 7.0? Is this supported from SAP?

thanks

g.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can still create and use the old transaction types after the upgrade.

You will have to check your authorizations including imports, there have been changes in 7.1 which also effect the old transaction types. But you should be able to check this in your development system.

I do not think SAP supports newly created tickets in old transaction types in 7.1.

But i know of several customers who have done this without greater problems.

Hope this helps,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

thank you for your feedback. Do you know which authorizations have to be adjusted? do the user have to use theChange management work center or he can use the "old" gui?

Thanks

g.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am afraid i can not tell you specifically what has changed with the authorizations.

But you can check this notes:

1572183 - Authorizations for SAP Solution Manager RFC users

1384598 - Harmonizing RFC communication infrastructure in ChaRM/QGM

You do not have to use the work center, you can still use the "old" gui.

For your end users it should appear as if nothing has changed.

Best Regards,

Christoph

Answers (0)