cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal runtime 64 bit version 13 compatibility with window server 2012 r2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have chosen to install the crystal report runtime on the web server however, my network/system analyst wants documentation that the runtime named crruntime_64bit_13_0.msi is compatible with windows server 2012 r2.  Can someone point me in the direction of that documentation?  Please.

I am moving crystal asp.net apps to visual studio 2010 to be deployed on windows server 2012 r2. I downloaded the crystal report for visual studio version 13.0 for my client and it prompted me to install the 64 bit runtime on my client.  My apps are working wonderfully on my client but now I want to put them on our intranet.  It is my understanding that to deploy this on a web server, I have 2 choices 1.  install the appropriate crystal report runtime on the web server or 2.  use vs merge modules.  As stated above, I would prefer to use the cr runtime.

If I am incorrect with my directions or assumptions, please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need Service Pack 9 or higher. From your description it appears you are using the original release runtime files from 2010. E.g.; you're asking the runtime to be forward compatible by a few years / OS versions. Download links to the runtimes are here:

Supported Platforms are here:

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. For my windows 2007 workstation, I downloaded Support Pack 10 "Install Executable": CRforVS_13_0.exe to integrate "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio" into my current VS 2010.  Was that correct if I am using VS2010?  When I ran the executable, it asked me did I want to install the 64 bit run time and I responded yes.  Was that correct if I want to develop a asp.net crystal report web site in VS2010?

2.  Now I want deploy that asp.net crystal report web site that I developed and tested on my workstation in VS2010 to our intranet Windows 2012 R2 server running IIS 8.5.   What is the exact link to the run time msi that I need to install on the Windows 2012 R2 server running IIS 8.5 that will allow me to run the recently developed app once it is copied up to the server?

I apologize but I am not able to determine the information I need to move forward from the charts referenced in the attached links.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. = Yes

2. = The links to the MSI files are noted in the document I referenced in my previous post. I don't know if you compiled as 32 or 64 bit so I can not provide a direct link. Irrespective the links are in the doc...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help.

2.  We have downloaded CRRuntime_64bit_13_0.msi for our Windows 2012 R2 server.  We are using 64 bit.

a. did I download the correct msi?

b.  other than some privs, is this all that I should need besides the app of course to run on the server?

- Karen

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope. Always download the latest. E.g.; CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_10.msi:

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

I am finally back to this project.  I am still confused as to the file I should download to install the crystal runtime on my Windows 2012 R2 server running IIS 8.5.  I have developed and tested the web application on a windows 7 client using visual studio 2010 and crystal reports 2011. It is working fine on my client.  I have copied the app to my  Windows 2012 R2 server running IIS 8.5 and beleive the cr runtime needs to be installed on the web server in order for the crystal report web application to run there?

I have circled the file that I beleive I should download and intall in purple, am I correct?  The filename

is CRRuntime_64bit_13_0.12.msi.

Thank you for your help in this matter,

Karen

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct - as long as you configured the install to use clickonce. To see more on how to use clickonce, search the help file for clickonce:

SAP Crystal Reports .NET SDK Developer Guide

Note that you can use the MSM to create your own deployment project in VS, or using InstallSHield, etc.

You can also use the MSI = just a simple double click on the file will start the install.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

the clickonce files are the only files with "runtime" in the name.  How do the "redist" msi's differ from the "runtime" files?  If I want to use the msi file would I then download the CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_12. msi file ?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These are questions re. general concepts of distributing runtimes for any application. MS has tones of info on this. In a nutshell:

MSI - probably best used for server deployments as typically you will be doing the server deployment and configuration. Easy to run - just double click. Contains all dependencies, including the VC++ runtime. No pretty user interface.

MSM - you create pretty installs for your customer. Use InstallShield, VS installer, etc., to create a deployment project. Typically, though not exclusively used for WIN apps. Available only in 32 bit.

ClickOnce - used for WIN apps. Very cool as on install the app goes to a downloads area / url / server you designate. This could be SAP Server or your own server. Once installed, on subsequent app starts, the app looks at the download URL to see if there are any updates and if there are, the runtime is automatically updated.

For more info, please search the Help file I referenced. Also see:

.NET Framework Deployment Guide for Developers

And googling 'MSM MSI ClicOnce Microsoft' will get you loads more info.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

we installed the run time and made other changes needed for our website setup and am thus far running apps successfully on a  Windows 2012 R2 server running IIS 8.5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

We are also looking for some similar help regarding migrating of Crystal Reports to higher environment.

As of now, we are using Crystal Reports XI Release 2 SP 2. This is installed on the windows 2003 32 bit web servers.

For development we are using VS 2008 Framework 3.5.

We are planning to migrate the application to VS 2012 with framework upgrade to 4.5. We are also migrating the application to windows 2012  server with IIS 8.5.

Could you please help us with what exactly we need to install on the development environment and on the web servers.

Also let us know if we need to purchase anything additionally?

Looking forward to your support on this.

- Shikhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shikhar,

this may differ for vs2012 and cr xi relase 2 sp 2

defelopment environment:

I am currently using vs2010 on a windows 2007 workstation:  I  downloaded Support Pack 10 "Install Executable": CRforVS_13_0.exe to integrate "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio" into my current VS 2010 framework 4.0 .  You may need something different for vs2012 framework 4.5 and crystal xi release 2 sp 2.  I developed a crystal report using sap crystal reports 2011 to use in the web app.  

server evironment:  we downloaded and ran CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_12.msi on the Windows 2012 R2 server running IIS 8.

I then used the information I found at and Visual Studio 2012 Crystal Report not working on Windows Server 2012/ 0x800a1391 – JavaScr...

to tweak where we put the crystalviewers folder and the modifications made to the application webconfig file with respect to the crystalviewers .

I would suggest seeking Ludek's help as to the correct file needed to incorporate crystal xi release 2 sp 2 with visual studio 2012.  I did not need to purchase anything seperately, however we did choose to move from crystal xi designer to the sap crystal 2011 designer.

Answers (0)