cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How clean table SXMSCLUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem in my PI system, the table SXMSCLUP is growing considerably.Now, it has 2Millions of records.

I have configure the delete jobs and it is working fine, but, only delete around 10.000message every day

The time permanence is 7 days.

Is it normal the number of records? Are there any jobs for detele it? I do not want archive.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

2 million messages in SXMSCLUP is not abnormal.

The note 872388 Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI, documents most of the issues with deleting PI messages. Go through each of these steps to find out if any other actions are required to delete these messages. Note, only messages in a final status i.e. successful, cancelled etc will be deleted.

Run the reports below to get more details about the messages currently in the system:
1) RSXMB_SHOW_STATUS
2) RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS

Regards
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

depending on the average message size of your system the number of records in SXMSCLUP can be much higher than in the master table SXMSPMAST (by the way: how man entries does that table have in your system?)

I don't know any report that exclusively deletes from SXMSCLUP.

I understand you don't want to archive, but in a production system you have to do it. Even if you didn't configure any interfaces for archiving, all the erroneous and manually cancelled messages cannot be deleted.

In a non-production system, you can add a parameter in SXMB_ADM: set parameter PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES, category ARCHIVE, to value 1 if manually cancelled messages should be deleted. But this change is not retroactively.

Regards,

Thomas