cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Value Table creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on ECC (sender as Business System) <----> SAP PI 7.31 Single stack JAVA only <----> JDBC Receiver (Business Component) scenario. During the response from JDBC, I have to maintain a value table for Gender.

Following are values for JDBC and I have to maintain the values below for ECC

JDBC                    ECC

1                          Male

2                          Female

3                          Trans

4                          Not Declared

I referred the document "How to perform Value Mapping-A Walkthrough" by Sharath Chandra and other related documents but still got issue with the basic understanding.When I created Value Mapping from Tools option in ID, it navigated to pop up window for Agency and Scheme for Sender and Receiver.

1. What value should I enter for Agency. Is it the Business System or Business Component for Sender and Receiver or any string representing the meaningful name of source and receiver.

2. What value should I enter for Scheme. Is it the Message Type for Sender / Receiver or just a string representing a meaning ful name .. here Gender1 and Gender2.

3. After saving the Value Mapping, it is asking for Group Name for each value i.e. 4 Group Name. If I dont give, then it is saved a GUID.

4. In ESR, in the mapping part, it asks for Source and Target Schema. I hope this would be the same Scheme name which we maintain in ID.

5. I have to create other Value Mapping table for Customer Number with the same source and receiver in the same message mapping with 3 columns. How to add columns in the table?

I feel this are the basic assumption but need guidance from experts..

Request experts to answer my queries in sequence wise..

Regards

Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

1. What value should I enter for Agency. Is it the Business System or Business Component for Sender and Receiver or any string representing the meaningful name of source and receiver.

-->> I would suggest to use Sender system name as Sender Party (e.g. JDBC or functional name of system) and receiver Party (e.g. SAP).

2. What value should I enter for Scheme. Is it the Message Type for Sender / Receiver or just a string representing a meaning ful name .. here Gender1 and Gender2.

-->> Schema should be the name/purpose of value mapping. In you case it can be Gender for both sender and receiver schema.

3. After saving the Value Mapping, it is asking for Group Name for each value i.e. 4 Group Name. If I dont give, then it is saved a GUID.

-->> it will be populated by system.

4. In ESR, in the mapping part, it asks for Source and Target Schema. I hope this would be the same Scheme name which we maintain in ID.

-->> yes it is same as maintained in ID.

5. I have to create other Value Mapping table for Customer Number with the same source and receiver in the same message mapping with 3 columns. How to add columns in the table?

-->> Value mapping can have only two column key and value.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Great ...

Just to confirm the answers for query 1 and hope you would have gone through the synchronous scenario where ECC is the sender and JDBC is the receiver. My concern here is that during the response message from JDBC , I have to the change the representation of the object to ECC.

So in this scenario, during the creation of the Value Mapping table I have to consider the synchronous receiver JDBC as the "Source" during Value Mapping table.. Am i going in right direction.

Regards

Rebecca

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

Yes in response your source agency in mapping is JDBC. you can use the same value mapping for SAP to JDBC as well where you need to use SAP as source agency and JDBC as target.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Final query before I close this thread for solution.

1. Can I maintain the same Group Name for each row in Value Mapping.. In the screenshot , its creating MaritialStatus per row if I put the same name of Group  after activating.Is it the correct procedure ? Please refer to the attached screenshot.

In such scenario, for each row the system generates a unique Id or same id

2.If the above procedure is correct, would it create any runtime error in ESR if I maintain the Group name i.e. MaritialStatus?

I hope if my understanding is wrong in any part of the above queries , please correct me.

Regards

Rebecca

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

You can maintain same group name for each row in value mapping and it will not throw any error.

The value mapping will determine based on schema and agency then it search for value pair.

Hope it is clear.

Harish

Answers (0)