Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project reschedule as per the change in PO delivery date

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a project with WBS and activities and maintained relationship within the activities and scheduled the project.

As per the duration maintained in activities and relationship scheduling is done and arrived the stat and finished date for the project and scheduled dates for activities.

1. In Procurement activity which is created as internal having duration of 10 days and start date after scheduling is 01.07.2014 and finished date is

10.07.2014, I have assigned a material and created PR.

2. As per setting activity start date 01.07.2014 is copied as requirement date for material and PR is created.

3. PR is converted to PO and same requirement date is copied to PO delivery date.

4. As per the vendor communication delivery can be met only on 05.07.2014 so delivery date in PO is changed to 05.07.2014

Now requirement is how to reschedule the project due to change in PO delivery date as material is going arrive on 05.07.2014 and activity start date is 01.07.2014. means activity duration is going to increase by 4 days so all other dependent activities are going to start late by 4 days.

Is it there any way to automatic reschedule the project as per change in PO delivery date.

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I just checked one test scenario on it and I didnt find a std way to auto update material delivery date in component overview from PO because there is no direct link between these two as it is via PR only the delivery date is copied into PO and in PR level we can not change it.

As a workaround,you may try with ABAP development. We have BADI's at component save level which can probably validate 'PO exists' (FLG_PURS) indicator against PO delivery date during component save and subsequently issue a warning pop-up to inform the project user to reschedule project/network accordingly, it will also not update the requirement date automatically in project builder.

Let us know if this workaround can help you or you find some better option for it else wait for comments from other friends.

Regards

Saurabh