cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I wanted to install standalone SAP NW Gateway 2.0 for SAP Mobile Platform 3.0.

Can you please help me with required documentation for installation of SAP NW Gateway 2.0 on Windows Server 2008 R2 along with the exact SWPM release which needs to be used for the installation.

I did installed with SWPM by using option as per attached screen shot. Please let me know whether this was a right procedure for NW Gateway Installation or I need to follow something else. After installation I have checked at SAP MMC and found all the processes running. But I am not aware how to access the NW Gateway. Please guide me as I am little new to this area.

Best Regards,

Vishal Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member639157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Can you please elaborate your requirements for this implementation from your DSD? For me the question is little confusing. Are you talking about integration GW that is part of SMP 3.0?

If you want to install SAP NW GW 2.0 then till NW 731 this is an add-on component. You need to refer to the GW 2.0 master and installation guide from Service Market Place for this. Another option, if you have the opportunity, is to install SAP NW 740 standalone system which actually comprises GW 2.0 within it.

From the screen shot what you have installed is a gateway services engine used to connect to SAP databses in a distributed environment I think this is not the requirement in your case. So you should be going with SAP GW 2.0 product installation http://help.sap.com/nwgateway

Hope it helps.

Regards,

S Sumanth GV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumanth,

Thanks for your reply.

I am talking about NW Gateway 2.0. I need to install NW Gateway to connect Customer's SAP BAIO with SMP 3.0

I am aware of installing NW Gateway on top of ERP System but customer want NW Gateway as a Standalone server. I referred Master & Installation Guide of NW Gateway 2.0 but I am still not clear whether I need to have NW 7.4 in place to install NW Gateway 2.0.

Actual requirement for the client is to Implement SMP 3.0 and Afaria 7.0 SP4. And connect the same to their ECC/CRM/SCP systems.

Looking for your expert guidance here...please guide here how to proceed in this scenario.

Best Regards,
Vishal Jain

former_member639157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I want to make one think very clear, SMP 3.0 has SAP integration Gateway component meaning you actually DO NOT need a separate Gateway installation. You can expose your OData service from your ERP system to SMP 3.0 through integration Gateway component, they have made it very powerful.

Having said that, if you/architecture are/is already aware of this fact and for some reason architecture team still wants a separate SAP NW GW 2.0 standalone installation then please install SAP NW 740 system! That is all you need to do, no additional GW component add-on installation is required!! Yes, that is right NW 740 contains GW 2.0 within it and also it has SAP_UI component by default!

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

S Sumanth GV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumanth,

You Made is completely clear. Thanks a lot brother and appreciate your knowledge and help.

Beset Regards,
Vishal Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

May I know how to expose OData Service without separate netweaver Gateway installation as you post?

I create a new discuss and hope you can advise.

Thank you.

Regards

Choong

former_member639157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Choong,

Sorry for the delayed response. However, I am not a subject matter expert on Development side hence I cannot tell you the answer for this. But I saw in your new thread your concern has been answered.

Thanks & Regards,

S Sumanth GV

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

I hope below thread will help you .

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atul,

I think the link you provided is telling about Integration Gateway not NW Gateway 2.0

Best Regards,
Vishal Jain

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are you looking for this guide ?

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000877262012E

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bemjamin,

I am actually looking for the installation of NW Gateway 2.0 to connect my SAP Business AIO with SMP 3.0.

But it seems the link you have provide is not relevant to my requirement.

Anyways Thanks !!!

Best Regards,

Vishal Jain