Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch determination in SD

kaushal_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your help for Batch determination in SD. I did search many blogs but did not find any solution.

Access sequence - SD01, Assign Class and Sort sequence in Strategy types, Search Procedure - SD0001, Allocated search procedure, Activated batch determination, Define Class and sort rules.

Now, I have created a material and maintained Class and activated batch management. Now created batch search strategy with key combination of material. Created sales order System is picking the batch automatically.

Issue: Each and every time i have to crate condition record for newly created material.

Is there any way that no need to maintain condition record and system will determine batch in sales order?

Please suggest.

Thankx in advance.

Regards,

Kaushal Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushal,

Check the automatic batch determination at item category level (ex: TAN)

If material activated batch management and stock is available in plant and Batch

Batch is determined automatically in sales order

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushal,

Change the Key Combination of batch search strategy, if you use material in it, then you need to create condition record whenever you create new material.

so, create a key combination like, plant alone, sales org alone or combination of plant and sales organization.

create key combination for batch search strategy according to the business requirement.

Regards,

Vairavan

kaushal_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Automatic batch determination at item category level is already activated. Stock is also available in plant though not able to determine batch.

Batch seach strategy even tried with sales organization, its not working.

The same batch determination is done in MM. It working without condition record. Then why its not working in SD. I am not able to understand. Please assist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Have you assigned the batch search procedure to sales area + sales document type.

path :

IMG --> Logistics general --> Batch Management --> Batch Determination and Batch Check --
> Batch Search Procedure Allocation and Check Activation --> Allocate SD Search procedure / Activate Check.

Regards,

Vairavan.

kaushal_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes,

I have assigned batch search procedure to sales area + Document type.

I just want to know, is it required to maintained condition record (Batch search strategy) for each and every material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Yes, you need to maintain condition record for each and every material if you maintained materail in key combination of batch search strategy.

if batch is not determined automatically, then check below point as well,

Go to MSC2N or MSC3N, enter your material, choose batch, plant.

go to classification tab, you can find a icon with pencil and tick mark, if you click that icon you can find the status of the batch, like release, locked, incomplete.

atleast one batch should be in released status and stock must be there for that batch, then only batch will be automatically determined.

regards,

Vairavan.

kaushal_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thankx,

It means, it is not possible to determine batch automatically without condition record.

One more thing which I want to know how qty will be splitted during batch determination.

i.e.   Batch - 1, qty - 100. Batch -2 qty - 100. while doing batch determination qty is not automatically splitted in both batch. Required qty is showing in only one batch. Manually changing the qty.

Can you tell me the solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

If you require 200 qty and  whole 200 qty is available in one batch, then system will determine only one batch for that required quantity (batch determination according to the batch characteristics you choosen, like batch creation date, shelf life....). if you want to split the batch, then we need to carry out batch split manually.

when system is determining one or more batch automatically that time system determines the quantity according to the quantity available in that batch. if sufficient quantities are not available to match the required quantity, then system will determine only the available quantity in that batch, so for left over quantity we need to assign manually (batch are not in released status...not determined automatically).

Regards,

Vairavan.