cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Build Plugin ... Unknown - External Library Build Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created a External Library DC and added <b>PRTAPI.JAR</b> in the Library folder. Then created Public Part with <b><u>COMPILE</u></b> as purpose. When i Checked-in and activated the Acitivity , Build is failing. Below is the excerpt from the Error i am getting.

Calculate all combinations of components and variants to be built...
	"XXXon.com/mydc/testportallibrary" variant "default"
		"XXXon.com/mydc/testportallibrary" variant "default" cannot be built. Activation will fail.
		<b>The required Build Plugin "sap.com/tc/bi/bp/externalarchive/lib" IS UNKNOWN. None of the compatments contains a suitable plugin for this component.</b>
		[DC 3 variant "default"][SC 405 "XXXon.com_XXXONEPSOFTWARECOMPONENT_1"] using [BP sap.com/tc/bi/bp/externalarchive/lib]

Prepare build environment in the file system... started at 2007-03-27 21:45:39.833 GMT
Prepare build environment in the file system... finished at 2007-03-27 21:45:39.834 GMT and took 1 ms
===== Pre-Processing =====  finished at 2007-03-27 21:45:39.835 GMT and took 527 ms
Change request state from PROCESSING to FAILED

ERROR! The following problem(s) occurred  during request processing:

ERROR! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component "XXXon.com/mydc/testportallibrary" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

REQUEST PROCESSING finished at 2007-03-27 21:45:39.835 GMT and took 531 ms

Any one help...

Thanks,

Raghavendra Pothula

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

importing the SCAs into the Track solved my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

I am not sure why exactly you are facing this problem however we have done used external library and we are not getting any issues. This is how we have done.

1. Create a External library dc and paste the requires jar files in its library folder.

2. Create 2 public parts (one each for both types API and SDA).

3. Create a J2EE server library component and ass SDA public part of external library dc in its used dc.

4. We deploy J2EE server component which in turn places the external library in server.

5. To use it in a web dynpro dc we add the API pp of External library dc to its used DC and give the library reference of J2EE server component dc in WebDynpro dc.

Regards

Shobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shoban,

Thanks for your answer. Actually we havent imported/checkein the SCA components in Track at Transport-CMS.

Thanks,

Raghavendra Pothula