cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find task or Job in IDM console is only showing first occurrence of the task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

If a task is used in multiple task groups in IDM console, the find functionality is showing only the first occurrence of the task even though we clicked on find next option.

Does any one faced this issue?

Regards,

Venkata Bavirisetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

If the case is:  you have one task listed in more than one task groups, the option find will works only for the original task(first task creation). To find where this task is linked you can check the task tab - Links.

BR,

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Thanks for your response.

If the find functionality is only to show the original task as per the definition then I believe "findnext" option in the find dialog box should have been renamed to some thing like execute/ok/ find as this creates confusion to users specially for new users.

Regards,

Venkata Bavirisetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

I usually don’t use this functionality, but if you want to search for all of the task’s links you can try by searching with disabled check for task/job ID. I noticed that on IdM7.2 SP8 the search by task/jobID don’t work as is should if you have task and job with the same ID(the find result is only the job with this ID), as well if you are on IdM 7.2 SP6 the search by tasked crashes (this is fixed with
SP7).

BR, 

Simona 

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simona

Is this search done in the management console or through the admin ui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

The search is done from IdM console.

BR,

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Can you kindly provide more details about the alternative solution which you were referring in your earlier response (i.e "to search for all of the task’s links we can try by searching with disabled check for task/job ID").

I agree that all the occurrences of tasks can be found from the links section of the task but again it is no use to directly navigate there from the links tab. We need to manually navigate to the path by noting down the menu path from the links section of the task.

Compared to this method supporting through find next option would be the easiest solution. Any how as  it appears that this how currently it is delivered by SAP just wanted to know is there any other alternative solution for this.

Regards,

Venkata Bavirisetty

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lambert-giese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata,

I had the same problem with "Find..." in MMC, and unfortunately don't have any solution that could (easily) provide direct navigation to one of multiple locations where the task is linked from.

Just wanted to mention, though, that my IDMacs repository on GitHub has an SQL query that can show you all paths to a tasks or job.

Like the previously suggested solutions based on the "Links" tab, this approach will still require that you write down the path or at least the ID of the parent task and then manually "Find..." that in MMC to do the actual navigation.

But the query also works in situations like:

• Find using an ID which is both a valid task and job ID
  • Show all links to a provisioning job. There is no "Links" tab in MMC for jobs (at least not in the SPs I've seen)

Hope that helps,

Lambert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Out of curiosity, what's the actual issue you're having? Do you have a series of tasks that call this target task that are failing or something along those lines? As Simona stated, you can see how the tasks are linked through the Links tab. The find function is only going to find that task one time because it only exists one time.