cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Category Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue with item category determination.

I have a order type ZOR

with combination of ZOR + NORM = ZTAN.(default Item category)

Further, I can add ZOR + NORM = ZKLN (manual item category)

Now, while creating the sales order manually, I have option of selecting the Item categories.

But, how this will work, when sales orders are creating automatically. How the system will understand when to use ZTAN and when to use ZKLN.

Just to add, we are also using order reason for item category ZKLN. So is there any user exit available, where I can, if Order Reason is ABC, then determine item cateogry as ZKLN, Else, ZTAN.

Pls suggest.

Thanks,

Deejay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

default Item categoryis what the system automatically proposes when you create a document or create a new item within an existing document.

manual item category is what you can enter as an alternative to the automatic proposal from the system.

You can try user exit MV45AFZZ for item category re-determination in userexit_move_field_to_vbap

reward points if it helps

regards

Biju

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Biju,

I think this should work, let me try with this user exit.

Deejay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

Thanks for your reply, that was a useful one (points rewarded).

Could you pls elaborate further more with MV45AFZZ - USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP.

Thanks

Deejay

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the time the sales order is created and comes to MV45AFZZ it would have determined the default Item category. In the USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP. you can include your logic for replacing the default with the new item category (manually maintanable) based on the business rules(ie if order reason is ABC). this would be an ABAP development

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further querries.

regards

Biju