cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business objects mobile on Android - No connections

0 Kudos

Dear All

I have downloaded the SAP Business objects mobile app on my Android smartphone. The smartphone has a VPN connection to our company network.

With the IPad I already managed to get a connection to our BO server and I am able to see our mobile reports (Webi+Dashboards).

But other than on the IPad I am not able to see on the Android a connection to our BO server. I neither see the option to create a new connection. All I see is the 'SAP Analytics Gallery'.

Is this the correct app or do I need any additional authorisations or any other downloads to be able to get a connection? 

I hope you can help me.

Best Regards

Danya Liebig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Danya,

Let us know which version of SAP BI app have you downloaded on your android phone?

What is the BO server version, you are connected to?

Can you attach a screenshot of the application from your android smartphone.

Regards,

Atul B

0 Kudos

Hi Atul

the BI mobile app version is 6.0.5, attached you find a screenshot (apologies as it is in German, cannot switch to English as far as I can see).

The BO server is version 4.0 SP5.

Regards

Danya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danya,

no worries! Google Translate should helps!

Click on the sign

And you get the SAP analytics gallery displayed

ok, if you already have a connection created, it should be listed here.

IF not, try to click on the left top corner ( three lines )

check if you get Settings

there you should have add connection

Regards,
Atul B

0 Kudos

Hi Atul

When clicking the SAP analytics gallery I just the five SAP sample reports, nothing else.

When clicking on the left side (three lines) I do not get anything like settings. Just the sample reports, BI Inbox, sapbidemo. No settings.

Regards

Danya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danya,

Once you are in the app.

now click the left button on your phone ( it might be back button or menu button on the phone, not in the app).

that should show you the settings  option

Regards,

Atul B

0 Kudos

Hi Atul

No, there is nothing. The left button leads me to the phone applications overview, the menu button to the start screen of the phone. No settings. Seems to be incomplete. Maybe I should open an OSS message.

Regards

Danya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danya,

i suggest you first post screenshots when you see the options that you mentioned above.

I am sure the settings are right in there.

Regards,

Atul B

0 Kudos

Hi Atul

First screenshot shows the overview when loggin to SAP analytics gallery.

Second screenshot shows the menu of the left 'three lines'.

Best Regards

Danya

No settings 😞

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you've already logged into the Analytics gallery in your workflow.

you need to go to the 3 dots/lines > (icon top right hand corner) > settings > application settings > Connections > new connection

like this:

regards,

H

0 Kudos

Hi Henry

the problem is that my app does not show these options. The top of the app looks different from yours. For example I do not see the three dots in the top right corner of your screenshot and neither the search function.

The settings option is simply not there. Maybe this app is the wrong version or it is not compatible with my Android version (new Galaxy S5).

Attached you see my screen. Before loggin to the SAP analytics gallery the three lines in the left corner are disabled.

Regards

Danya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danya,

which phone are you using?

it might have three options below

the left most would be like a rectange, a middle for home and last one for either return or back.

@Henry: the screenshots seem to be for a Tablet. which is fine.

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Danya,

A S5 Android,

ok

it will have two rectanges and a return button

you have to keep on pressing the two rectange boxes for 2 seconds, to get settings

Regards,

Atul B

0 Kudos

Hi Atul

that's the solution! You're just great.

I must admit that Android is new to me and I did not press this button for two seconds. Now everything works, connection is set up and I see my reports.

Many many thanks again

Danya

Answers (0)