Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy Abap + Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

I just refreshed (system copy) my QAS system from the PRD. They are :

SRM systems, Windows 2003, Oracle 9i, ABAP + Java stack...

Now after refresh.. tho the ABAP stack is working perfect.. i do not see Jcontrol/Jlaunch process in the task manager..

When i checked in the config tool.. everything was pointing to the PRD system.. even the instance ID .. i changed most of it to point to QAS..

but now when i try to start the j2ee engine - using jcontrol pf=<> [args] - it searches for the QAS instance ID.. whereas config tool has PRD instance ID nodes..

CAN I CHANGE THIS ???

Output of jvm_bootstrap.out :

-

Bootstrap MODE:

<INSTANCE GLOBALS>

determined by parameter [ID0056230].

-

Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the path "cluster_data/dispatcher/ID5623000" does not exist.

Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:422)

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: No such Dialog Instance (ID5623000) in the database! Check database consistency or local Bootstrap properties!

[Bootstrap module]> Problem occurred while performing synchronization.

Cheers

Kunal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We copied the ABAP stack using Backup + Restore ...

Did not touch the java stack ...

I am not too sure where in the database does config tool pick the settings from... coz everything there shows PRD settings...

infact the user thru wich Config Tool is running is also SAPPRDDB instead of SAPQASDB (v had to change the schema in QAS to tht of PRD as there was no way v cud hav renamed the schema -

SAP says in the system copy guide for 2004s SR1/SR2 (ABAP+JAVA) in the service marketplace:

When you perform a system copy with the Oracle backup/restore method, you cannot change the database schema and the tablespace names of the new target system. When installing the target central instance, database instance, or dialog instance make sure that you

enter the correct database schema names (which are the database schema name of the source system). The schema names of the source and target system must be identical.

is exporting and importing the java schema the only way now ?

david_malinconici2
Participant
0 Kudos

As you have Oracle 9i I guess you don't use NW2004s, so you can't use that guide.

With lower releases, Java stack must be exported from source and imported on the target with SAPinst(JLoad).

During the import, the schema SAP<SID>DB will be cleared and then recreated by JLoad.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey David...

Thanks for your reply.

Can I still do this ?

I mean now tht v have completed the refresh, ABAP stack is fine.. SAP is up and running... can i still export from PRD n import in QAS the Java stack ???

Cheers

Kunal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for more details follow : https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/instguides --> SAP Netweaver --> Release 2004s --> installation --> 2 - Installation - SAP NetWeaver Systems --> System Copy for SAP Systems Based on NW2004s SR1 ABAP+Java

Cheers,

-Sunil

david_malinconici2
Participant
0 Kudos

In Netweaver you are still able to use backup and restore method for ABAP, but not for Java.

The procedure is the following:

- perform a database backup and restore

- export the java schema from source system

- import java schema on target system

Check the Java system copy guide where you'll find all the information you need.