cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join two tables and get the supply delivery date next to order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So there are two tables. One has customer's order no, ordered date, order quantity, available quantity and code of article-

The other table comes form supply side where we have supply order no, article number, ordered qty, and delivery date.

We keep stock so this can not be MOT (made to order) system.

What i need is correct date of arrival to appear next to cusotmers spoecirfic order. The older cusotmers order get's the parts first, second oldest order is next in line etc.

here is any example
customer's order

ref orderart. codeordered qtyavailable qtyorder date

supply order

supply orderart. codeqty orderddate of arrival

There is actually a 3rd "table" and that sort of connects the two and that is stock on hand per art. code.

The main issue is that stock is assigned to purchase orders only when it actually arrives in the warehouse.

A human can easilly connect the dates of when the stock will arrive and quantities with correct customer's order. In this case the firts order will get 50 pcs in August while 10 pcs will remain on backorders. The missing 10 pcs Will arrive in October. The second order will get 10 pcs in october and 3 will remain on backorders with no delivery date. While the third customer orders does not have a delivery date.

So how to make the SAP do this calculations and display the arrival date next to date of customer's order?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Use SAP Quick viewer tool 'SQVI' and you may find the solution from yourself.

Anandkumar KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the instructions as i do not have access to this part. It seem this is a query. We had issues with queries in the past as not all codes from orders would appear in them. They never found the reason why that is happening.

However, I think the main issue is that the information here is not connected and is separately provided for supply and for sales. So i doubt it can be connected in this query.

edit: as you can see the only connection is stock on hand.

and total number of various items we have is close to 100.000 of various article codes.

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Using 'SQVI' you can join the two tables and using the primary key you might find the link and generate the report.

Find the steps and run the SAP query.

Anandkumar KS