Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS capex and R&D

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am working SAP PS FLC.My customer currently has Capital And R&D projects so here are the recommendations I made :

1.Two different coding masks

2. specific number ranges to differentiate capital and R&D

3.General cost planning & detailed planning

4. approval process and budgeting

but, my conern is most of my customer R&D projects are also capital costs so I'm just wondering about the settlement recrivers

do I have to create different cost centers wrt to project or can I settle all costS( Capex and R& D) to same settlement receivers example cost centers

Any recommendations experts

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

In our case,we have only one company code so would you recommend common Settlement Receivers for CAPEX and R&D?

On the other note:SAP IM(Investment Management) is out of scope but we still required Approval process(Appropriation request) for Budget approvals

But,how can we budget the Project without the IM structure once the budget has been approved?

While creating AR we need to specify "IM Programe name" and Position ID buit can we still able to create an AR(Appropriation request ) without specifying the IM Pgm and position ID in IMA11 control tab?

Experts,please give me the best practice for this scenario...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Please check below thread, it might help you out to get some idea.

Regarding your initial query, if you have only Capex better to have single receiver( Fix asset), but for a opex please settle to cost center which is recommended.

In our business, projects are expanded  across several months & cost is settled to AUC(asets under constructions) in each month end, once project is physically completed we  moved those AUC values to Fix assets then CLOSE the project.

Thanks & reg,

Sam.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Capex and RnD kind of project are same so in both project have first we have to expense to complete our task/project, so you can settle both project on same receiver system will allow once you set valid receiver in settlement profile.

if one of project to be customer project then it would be major issue to settlement together.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini Mnk wrote:

do I have to create different cost centers wrt to project or can I settle all costS( Capex and R& D) to same settlement receivers example cost centers

As per your business process, you can maintain Fixed Asset or Cost Centers as settlement receiver on settlement rules on WBS.  And You can settle all cost to single settlement receiver but company code should be same. In this case, it will be a lil bit difficult to differentiate the Project settled cost as they are in same receiver

Regards

Shishir

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to settle cost of capital item to fixed asset (FXA) then you can maintain it as a settlement receive for capital WBS elements provided your settlement profile allows it. You can also maintain cost centers as receivers in operation expenditure WBS elements.

Its a std.SAP workaround,what is the issue in it?

Thanks