cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order to Cash (OTC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am confused the difference between normal sales to Billing process and Order to cash (OTC) process. Google also resulted different type of explanations, so decided to post this basic questions, I hope moderators don't make any objection ..

1. What is the difference between OTC and Normal SD-Delivery-PGI- Billing process.

2. What is the process steps involved in OTC.

3. What are the document types & item categories involved in OTC.

Appreciated if you could answer with some screen shot.

thank you

MM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so decided to post this basic questions, I hope moderators don't make any objection ..

Being an old member of the forum, you should be knowing the forum rules and you yourself had accepted that this is a basic question.  Still you want the members to respond to basic query.  Of course, few members had responded already which should not have happened.  If you know the basic SD process, you will find answer to all your queries.  If not, please check with your SD consultants.

Again, I would like to stress that please adhere to forum rules and avoid asking such basic queries and give work load to Moderators

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From your name you looks like an MM guy. Do you know the difference between normal purchasing and P2P? (Procurement to Pay)?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

As you know order to billing is the standard sales order processing like

order - delivery - billing & release to FI.

similar, in order to cash.

whenever customer place the order. based on shipping conditions system will generate the delivery document against this sales order. then pick-packing- goods issue will be done.

to create billing, will take order ref, instead delivery ref. the complete process known as "CASH SALES" process. after creating billing will release to FI. Then the value store in Cash account, instead revenues account like in standard sales order process.

For this we need determine cash account in config.

if you observe the Cash sale billing doc ( BV) type, you will find account key- EVV, which determines cash account to post the cash sales billing values in cash account.

You will get other side of answers too.

Hope it helps you to understand the difference between two processes.

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not see much change both normal sales cycle and OTC  process.The process remains same.

1. What is the difference between OTC and Normal SD-Delivery-PGI- Billing process.

Same process.

Sales order-Delivery-PGI-Billing

2. What is the process steps involved in OTC.

same process only.In my previous project I have seen flow Sales enquiry-Sales Order-Delivery -Shipment -PGI -Billing

3. What are the document types & item categories involved in OTC.

same as normal SD process cycle.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sridhar Jayavarapu

Sharan G S

Charles A M

Despite you guys should be knowing the forum rules, it is really regret to note, again and again, you deviate the forum rules.  Please ensure that you are not responding to any Basic or Repeated queries; thereby, you help the Moderators.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi G ... Henceforth I will ensure it.