cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI Process use to move materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a small query  with PGI process. My requirement is during the PGI process goods should be moved to new storage location. because we have a requirement to do PGI & invoice before goods move out from the company.

Please advice me.

shanka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Goods moved from one store to another store if you do PGI for stock transport order's delivery. It is not possible to move stock in customer delivery from one store to another and it doesn't sound logical as well. Once you PGI the stock it becomes customer's property provided that you are not using POD process which again can't move stock from one store to other.

What is business requirement behind this?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanx for all reply.

Business requirement is,

PGI & invoice should be posted before 31st of each month.

Actual loading & delivery will do 1st week of next month.

that mean loading & delivery will do after the PGI & Invoice process.

until i need to keep goods in another storage location.

otherwise is it possible to transfer goods to another shipping point?

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DEAR  Madhu

What is the business process why they want PGI First and Loading date and remaining process  next

Not possible in sap

PGI IS Created what date calculated from Actual loading /picking date /and packing date / RLT Date

Thanks a lot

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pick/Pack Time

Loading Time

Transportation Lead Time

Transit Time

If you want them after PGI than it won be possible .

2 Option - You could also make planning before 31th I mean before PGI  for Pick/ pack , Loading , Transportation , but it should be exact .

Thx

Kamlesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

You can create the Invoice (Billing) document without performing PGI.

To acheive that, in copy control (T.code VTFL) make copying requirement as mentioned below:

Regards,

Sharan

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to move the stock to new location after Goods issue.The stock will be removed completely from your inventory.

If you need any extra movement into new location then you need to go custom enhancement.Also after PGI you can not move the stock into new location.

Anything can be done before PGI only.