cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP 413 Request entitiy too large PI 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are currently running PI 7.11 sp10.  We have our back-end system as ECC6.0 EHP6.  We also have a 3rd party system (non-SAP) in the mix.

our PI dev team is reporting these constant errors:

("system" type errors in the SXMB_ADMIN when looking at the "Monitor for processed XML messages"

as you can see above, the error is HTTP 413 Request Entity is too large.

We've had a PI solution for many years, and never needed to change any "default" message sizes.

So how to change it???  I'm assuming of course that this is the problem....

I did quite a bit of research before choosing to open this thread and found the following:

I’ve looked through all these threads/notes:

http://scn.sap.com/people/adren.dsouza/blog/2010/06/02/413-request-entity-too-large-while-publishing...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/1a/dbd2ba84b97144b922e8cb281ac18d/frameset.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1497760

Note:

657759 - "413 Request Entity Too Large" on J2EE Engine

Even with the above information, I can’t figure out where the “maxRequestHeader” or “maxContentLength” parameter is in the HTTP provider service on a PI 7.11 system.

I can go into NWA and configtool, but still, I can’t figure it out.

The above threads/notes assume you are on NW7.0, but again, we are on 7.11.

I'll probably end up opening a message, but any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

NICK (basis team)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

How large are the messages that you are sending?

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mark!  thanks for the reply.

See below screen shot of the MessageSizeTotal (60797) and MessageSizePayload (49616)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

The message is indeed large. I guess you are experiencing this issue in the call adapter step right? Can you confirm with the receiver if they can or their webservice can accept that kind of message size?

Regards,

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may want to log on to NWA and go to configuration - infrastructure - java system properties and services tab.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey VJ,

thanks for responding but I checked there and there are no HTTP Provider settings that look relevant at all for message sizes.

NICK

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can always add the property if that is not listed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey VJ,

No, I don't see a way to "add" a property in NW 7.11 in that area of NWA.  But I can easily modify an existing one.

NICK

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick ,

I believe you are sending message from SAP -> XI -> Non SAP or Vice versa. Message is not being exchanges between integration engine and Adapter engine because AFW_MAXREQUESTCONTENTLENGTH is having less value than the message being sent.

Goto SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration -> Click on Configuration -> edit (add below tuning parameter ).

category -> TUNING
Parameter -> AFW_MAXREQUESTCONTENTLENGTH

current value -> KB of message stuck in Error. and save the changes

Try to test the scenario again.

Thanks

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the great response Hari.

Yes, we will try that!

--NIck