cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver JDBC Adapter : action=SQL_DML : how to do an update_insert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am working on a already exisitng map that was written using the Parameterized Query option with action set to 'SQL_DML'. And the Access is doing an "insert". Is there a way i can use the same action of SQL_DML to do an 'update_insert' . What would the query look like?

I know i can rewrite the whole map to use the action attribute "update_insert" to do this. But that would mean i have to rewrite the whole map. I am trying to get around rewriting it.

Thanks,

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As Haresh said you can only use a standard instructions. Threrfore you can go through with the one of the next workarounds:

1. The DB team develops a stored procedure in the DB with the update and insert there, then you would need to change the call format.

2. Talk with the sender system and to do 2 two scenarios, the current one and the new one with an update and your sender system call first the insert scenario and later the update scenario. Not map changing required.

3. To make a ccBPM or Netweaver BPM with two DB calls. Not map changing required.

4. The obvious UPDATE_INSERT changing but you dont want it.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess i will go with the original plan of rewriting it using update_insert.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul - AFAIK- there is no other alternative solution. you can only update/insert/delete..

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

○       If the SQL statement represents a query to the database (SELECT), choose Action=SQL_QUERY.

○       If it represents a call from the SQL Data Manipulation Language (UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE), choose Action=SQL_DML