cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StreamServe vs SmartForms or SAP Interactive Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using StreamServe in our ERP system to day and we have started a project for moving to SAP.

I'm not very familiar with SAP but after what I have seen( and read), both SmartForms and Adobe Forms will cover "normal" print regards to layout and so.

What about multichannel output ? i.e.. mail, paper and XML

Barcodes ?

Datadriven layout modifications ? i.e.. stamps based on country

Different languages in output ?

BR

Trond

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Trond,

SmartForms and PDF forms technologies can be used for print output.

Multichannel output: depending on your process, you define an application form (sent by defined events in the system) which contains a form and can be sent by mail, by regular paper, by XML etc. and you can combine them. Barcodes are supported by both technologies.

Event-based layout modifications and different languages are supported as well.

If you don't have specific knowledge regarding both technologies and if you start the development of new forms (no migration from an existing SAP system) in my opinion the PDF-based print forms are easier to develop at the beginning.

Don't hesitate if you have additional questions,

Regards,

Francois

P.S.: I'm planning to write some weblog regarding this topic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank's for your answers.

If I have understood this correct both packages is a part "standard package", so no extra cost (licenses) , except for development.

BR

Trond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Those two features are available in the 'standard' package, in your case most likely an ECC/ERP system.

There are indeed no additional licences for those products.

For interactive forms (where there are data which are exchanged) there's additional licences.

Best regards,

Francois