cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of extra field in customer master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to create one extra field.

We intend to capture taluka for each distributor. This will give us micro level detail. We can start analyzing sale at taluka level.Therefore we believe this additional field will be important.

Kindly provide your valuable solutions to achieve this.Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

RicardoCirilo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all, the already given suggestions are good. If you allow me I can include another one that worked for me in terms or geographical distinction for the customers an may apply in this requirement.

Use the Standard Hierarchy. First create the hierarchy using the nodes you need, then just attach the node into the customer master. Also this allow you to have different nodes per Sales Area in the same customer record.

To create it use this path:

IMG > Sales and Distribution > Master Data > Business Partner > Customer > Customer Hierarchy

to attach the node you can use directly in the customer master (there is a field in the Sales Data inside the Sales tab.

This also can be used for BI easily and can be included in your price calculation.

Saludos!

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Rather adding an Extra Field(if your requirement "Taluka" is only for information or statical purpose) you can go with charecterstics and classification.

In my Client Business, the requirement was to add the " Sales Group's" mobile number and Email id in customer master, so that they can a have report where they easily findout the phone number and mail id for the each sales group. so i have acheived this through Charecterstics.

Screenshot for your Reference:

This would be also an option.

Regards

Kamal

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the General Data Address tab, I am sure, you would not be using all the available fields.  You can make us of that.

Andrea Brusa Restelletti

It is an administrative division in South Asia.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Yes,we can use of the fields which are not using as of now.But my doubt is that the functionality of that particular field will be different in the background right??

How can we map that particular field to our requirement and do we need to change the filed name also right?? For example.. Taluka...Pls suggest..

Thanks,

Pavan.

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

refer to this point of customizing (click on the help documentation):

Sales and Distribution --> System Modifications --> Create New Fields (Without Condition Technique) --> Reserve Fields In The Customer Master Record

As explained in the help, each of these fields refers to a "free" customizing table where you can define your own entries, with the desired value;  on top of that, here you will find the explanation about changing the description of those fields according to your requirements.

Best regards,

Andrea

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you.

Best regards,

Andrea

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi pavan,

you can check EXTRAS-->ADDITIONAL DATA . there are some fields which you can use

instead of adding new fields you can leverage this option

thanks

santosh

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is "taluka"? Please, share more detail about the technical features this additional field should have.

Best regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Discussions are going on and we are yet to come to one understanding of this.

But as my understanding,taluka comes under sales district which we need to capture for each distributor.

Normally how we can add any extra field in the customer master?? If it is taluka,is there any specific user exit we can use.Please suggest.

Thanks,

Pavan.