SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM BCS Migration on Document Basis.

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing the Document Based Migration,

from 2006  to 2014 FBS has been used for all years and now we are going to migrate to BCS during the year.

1.We did totals based migration for 2006  to 2013 years on totals basis and

2. For 2014 Document basis Migration ( Fiscal year is Jan - Dec ) becasue it is a BCS Year.

Now we are getting the Error in Migration in Doument Basd for the documents posted for transferes between two years.

Eg :

F1+FC1+CI1 = 1000$ for 2013 Payment budget

Transered to 2014 year

As

F1+FC1+CI1 = 500$ for 2014

Here sender part is in 2013 and received part in 2014

Now error coming for Sender part has not been migrated,

Only receiver is migrating in 2014.

We are unable to to migration for 2014 year.

SAP Error message :

1.Document XXXX not migrated. Error for one of the corresponding Messg No: FMMP055.

2. Check the general process and the level of the item,

RECV should not be the only process on the line

Document Miust be Balanced Year 2014 Payment Budget.

Thanks & Regards

SAM.

21 REPLIES 21

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When migrating the documents, select option 'Since Fiscal Year' and select the year previous to BCS activation.

Regards,

Eli

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks For Your Reply.

I did that,

i have given the year 2013 which is the provious year for 2014 BCS Year.

But I received the Error message " For 2013 totals migration has been executed".

Thanks & Regards

SAM

0 Kudos

Can you specify what type of error is this? Did you receive it during original migration or when you are trying to the delta?

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply,

It is error message only,

SAP Message Text Is: Data already Migrated via Totals for Fund 06 for Fiscal Year 2013 Message Number : FMMP063.

i am executing the Full Migration in Test Run. it is not Delta.

Thanks & Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

If this message is issued, it means that you have performed already some migration, haven't you?

Anyway, for carry-over budget you should have done one of the three:

a) Activate flag for special treatment of carry-over documents

b) Map receiver process to some other process during the migration (say, supplementary)

c) Take the documents as from 2013

If you already performed the migration, you can try using delta now...

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I did totals migration on Update Run up to 2013.

But i have not done update run for 2014 for Document Based migration.

right now i am doing test run of Document Based Migration with full migration option.

The above said error is coming when i do document based migration in test run.

Thanks & Regards.

SAM

0 Kudos

So, you didn't do 'update' mode yet for documents migration? In this case, use option 1 or 2, which I gave to treat carry-over documents.

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Yes, i have not run update run for Document Based Migration. But I did update Run for Totals based migration upto 2013 Year.

I have tried both options. below are the  results for 2014 Document Based Migration.

1. Full Carryover documents from 2014 I have selected the checkbox in the migrgation config and executed the test run of Document Based Migration.

2. I mapped the Budget Type KBUE - Reveiver , to Supplement Document Type in Derivation strategy for line items and header which is there in Migration Config.

Both cases same erros are coming

1. Check the general process and the level of the item - FMKU134

2. RECV should not be the only process on the line -  FMKU047

3. Document Miust be Balanced Year 2014 Payment Budget- FMKU091

Thanks & Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

Hi,

For carryforward documents, since you already did the FB total migration, current year document migration is not allowed. See the link below:

Migrating Carryover Documents - Funds Management - SAP Library

The documentation says:

When you run the year-end closing process in Former Budgeting, you should rerun migration in one of the following ways:

· On a totals basis for the last year before BCS activation

· On a document basis for the first year of BCS use. In this case, data will be imported with the process “SUPL” (supplement), since BCS does not support an unbalanced carryover.

That means you either perform totals basis or document basis, but not both.

Thanks,

Ming

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

Thanks for your reply.

That means only Document Based Migration is enough for our current situation ( Migration During the Year )

what about the budget data posted from 2006 to 2013 if we migrate only for 2014 by document basis migration

we cannot do the totals based migration for 2006 to 2013 budget data ?

Thanks & Regards

SAM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course, you can run do both totals and documents. What you cannot do is to make migration of totals and documents for the same year.

Regards,

Eli

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

Now i have run for 2006 to 2013 totals basis

i am trying to execute Document basis for 2014.

1. Because of totals basis run for 2013, if i do migration by document basis for 2014 Year,

the sender part is in 2013, thats why system is not migrating the sender part because already 2013 migrated on totals basis.

2.can i execute the rerun from 2006 - 2013 by total basis by activating the Carryy over Full documents check, Because if we activate the Carry over full documents check system will not consider for 2013 in total basis migration

And after if i execute document basis for 2014 year, based on the carry over full documents config, sender part which is there in 2013 will be migrated?

Thanks & Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

Yes, it should work this way.

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli for your reply.

i will do the Process steps mentioned above and update the results.

Regards

SAM

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I have done the  rerun with update run of totals migration for 2006 to 2013 years by selecting the cofiguration full carryover documents in migration config.

and affter i executed the Documents based migration in Test mode,

now

system is asking to open the Budget periods for 2013

and also same errors repeated again.

Check the general process and the level of the item - FMKU134

Thanks & Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

Are budget periods open?

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes i opened the budget periods for 2013 after the error and

Now period erros are not coming only below messages i am receiving which i received earlier.

1. Check the general process and the level of the item - FMKU134

Thanks & Regards

SAM

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can we able to execute the Total based and Document based migration by update run even we have errors in the test run,

For Error records

1. No Re Run for Totals Based migration becasue if we do rerun  old data will be deleted and again

new migration data will stored in tables.

2. Delta Run for Document Based migration for error records.

Thanks & Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

Sure, the SAP help documentation said it clearly. You already completed total basis run for carryover budget. Now your 2014 document basis run should be only for 2014 non-carryover budget documents.

It also stated clearly that if you do full migration, the carryover documents are migrated with budget process SUPL, meaning there is no sender or receiver in the process. Since you use budget type KBUE in the migration, process SUPL, instead of RECV, should be assigned to it.

0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

Thanks for your reply,

Actually problem is not with carryover documents.

problem is in Transfer documents.

EX: Transfer document posted from 2013 year to 2014 year through Residual Budget carryforward FMJC.

sender part is in 2013 and reveiver part is in 2014.

when we migrate 2014 on Document Basis, system only taking the receiver part with KBUE budget type

and asking the Sender part.

Thanks & Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

Hi,

That is still considered to be a carryforward in FB. So, in configuration, when you flagged the carryover document migration, FMKUMIGTOT ignores carryover documents including your cross-year transfer. When you run FMKUMIGDOC, you need to specify it as a delta run.

Regards,

Ming