Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct answer option should be disabled for Query raiser

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators

I have been seeing a new way invented in Points game in SCN.

Once a person raised a discussion--he himself will mark his own answer as correct--can you avoid this???

once a query raised--then can you keep this Correct answer/Helpful answer tabs in Grey mode--if the the names of the query raiser & helper for this query is same.

what to do, when positive things used in negative manner...

Phanikumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why is it negative?

Marking an own reply as correct does not give 10 points to a user.

But it is good practice to add the solution found on its own, if the existing answers didn't have any solution, and marking it as correct is helping the future readers to find the solution right away.

Of course a reply "found the solution myself" and marking it as correct answer is not a good example  since it does not provide any solution for future readers.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually i have been seeing all the times--a person will raise query and answers himself.(thought of points game).

Pardon me for my Ignorance & mistake.

Thread closed.

Phanikumar

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Once a person raised a discussion--he himself will mark his own answer as correct--can you avoid this???

Why need to avoid and what's the problem with it.

Have you aware that as There is no points for self correct answer.

if we have correct answer option(self) that would be more useful to future reference who comes across the same issue.

Thanks

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No its not causes to point game.

If you mark your own reply as correct or helpful, then you wont able to get any points.

It is possible to receive points if the reply marked as correct or helpful by a moderator.