cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: document migration RPM 4.5 to PPM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for a solution regarding the document migration from RPM 4.5 to PPM 5.0 (document stored in a DMS Sap content server).

Manually I have no problem for creating documents in PPM (config ok) but given the fact that I have a large number of document I want to do this migration automatically.

I choose the option to do that by creating an ABAP program... but by this way I have big issues. I try to do that by calling method CREATE_DOC_IN_FOL from /RPM/CL_UI_DOC_LOGIC class but I have a strange return code... 😞

--> at this point, I think that is impossible to use this method to do what I want...

Do someone face with similar questions ?

Is there another way to do this document migration ?

Already thank's...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

Did you find a solution to upload your files at SAP PPM?

I'm with the same issue.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

I have a similar problem, I have to create a rpm document in every new ITEM created in the system and so long I have not been able to.

We have been creating documents related to projects using function module "BAPI_BUS2175_DOCUMT_UPDATE", these documents are created and we can see them in table "DPR_DOCUMENT". I have to create documents related to the ITEM, and these are stored in table "/RPM/DOCUMENT".

Over the last two days I have been trying to use many classes like

/RPM/CL_DOCUMENT

/RPM/CL_DOCUMENTS

/RPM/CL_DOCUMENT_API

etc.

Without any success : (  I am going to try a little longer and then I am trying with class "/RPM/CL_UI_DOC_LOGIC". This class is the one used in the WebDynpro component "/RPM/DOCUMENT", this is the WebDynpro we use to create the documents manually but I'm not if this will work, I will try to use this as a las resort.

I find the creation of RPM documents very difficult, where you able to solve your problem? Can you give me some advice?

If I find the solution in the while I will post it here so others can use it.

Regards,

Vicent.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Can you elaborate this further...

1) What kind of documents you are trying to migrate from RPM to PPM?

2) Are you using Kpro, if yes, then you can continue with the same kpro in PPM 5.0 right..why do you need to migrate?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I want to migrate pdf documents stored in a DMS.

I use KPRO customizing to define a new content repository.  (the old one as "DMS" as STORAGE_CATEGORY entity attribute of the default content model but for PPM the value has to be set to "CFF")

In our migration RPM projects are copied in new PPM project.  So I want to link to this new projects the documents of the old project... in another content repository.

In my investigation I tried to insert my code "call method CREATE_DOC_IN_FOL" in a SAP method called when a project is modified (IF_EX_RPM_PROJ_CUST_FIELDS~ATTRIBUTE_MODIFY)... and there, my coding works !

... but for sure I don't want to insert my coding there given the fact that I have a huge amount of documents.

So, a this point, I'm looking forward trying to reproduce the same context as in this "exit" which is inside the portal.

My coding that doesn't works looks like that :
- retrieve project item (table /RPM/ITEM_D)
- load object managers
  lr_rpm_obj_manager = cl_rpm_obj_manager=>get_instance( ).
  lr_ppm_obj_manager = /rpm/cl_obj_manager=>get_instance( ).
   CALL METHOD lr_rpm_obj_manager->load_projects
-   CALL METHOD LR_DOC_LOG->GET_DOCUMENTS_FOR_BASEOBJ  (get document hierarchy... it works / this is only to test the object)
-   lr_doc_log->create_doc_in_fol (--> this doesn't works)

Former Member
0 Kudos

LR_DOC_LOG is class /RPM/CL_UI_DOC_LOGIC

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

I am not a technical guy, but I can help you from the functional side..

Again few questions for better understanding..

1) Do you want to migrate DMS documents to PPM or just change the content repository from DMS_C1 to CFF? and why do you want to do this? because both has different document areas in storage catories.

2) All these storage categories/content repositories uses SAP database for storing the documents. Normally it is not recommended if you have huge documents since it piles up your SAP database. So SAP recommends to have an HTTP content server to store the documents. So are you trying to create new repository in DMS area(DMS) or PPM area(CFF)?

3) And on linkage of documents - Is it the object linkage of DMS documents with PPM-Project elements?

Regards,

Ravi