cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Release The WEB Service for Runtime in SOAMANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have followed the following tutorial to activate webservice using SOAMANAGER transaction in Quality system. 

http://scn.sap.com/people/mohan.kumark/blog/2008/10/14/soamanager-how-to- test-service-definition-using-soamanager-transaction

In the attachments, you can find that webservice is activated successfully.

i can also see my Webservice active in SICF as well as I can find Webservice in SE80 under package $WS_BOL_GEN

From the online tutorials and forums, I have understood that Webservice is configured successfully but now I need to Release it.

Now, I don't know how to release the WS using SOAMANAGER.  Same i can perform using WSCONFIG and thereafter I see my webservice at runtime inside document template designer.  BUT since., WSCONFIG is obselete.

I would really appreciate, if you can suggest solution how to release WS using SOAMANAGER. ?

High points will be given who provides solution

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From SAP NW04s SP14 onwards, you no longer transport the runtime definitions between systems, which means you have to use SOAMANAGER in each environment / client.  Have a look at SAP message 1318499 for a fuller explanation and/or search SAP messages for "wsconfig soamanager transport".  You still transport the underlying Service Definitions etc via the standard mechanisms in ECC, it's just the runtime definition (such as the security settings you want) that are manually defined in SOAMANAGER.

Jonathan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Than you for your reply.

I checked the note 1318499 and also search on other forums. I got the point that SOAMANAGER doesnot support run-time definitions. But, I am still confused on one point that I have transported the WS service definition from development to quality system. In Quality system, i could see my WS active in SICF and also created endpoint using SOAMANAGER.  could download my WSDL file then Why I am not able to see my WS at runtime in WS template designer.

Shall i also need to create endpoint for my WS using SOAMANAGER in development system? am I missing any point!?

Hope for your reply

regards,

ashsih

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not familiar with "template designer" - is that CRM-specific functionality?  If so, you might find some more info in that forum?

Our experience has been with web services in both ECC5 - using the old WSCONFIG / WSADMIN transactions, and then ECC6 using the new framework with development of the Service Definition within SE80 (transportable) and the Runtime Definitions in SOAMANAGER (not transportable).

With ECC6, we develop the Service Definition in SE80 in DEV (typically sitting over an RFC-enabled function module) and the Service Definition is transported to Test and, eventually, Production.  We create the Service Definition specifying the lowest level of security (e.g. Authentication = none) because it will be the Runtime Definition in SOAMANAGER that defines what the consumer will need in order to interact with SAP.

For example, in DEV we might create two Runtime Definitions in SOAMANAGER for the same SAP web service Service Definition, one with anonymous login (so the the developer of the consumer to get their code running without worrying about security) and another with X.509 security (to match what we may have in Test and Production).  We sometimes need to have different security depending on the SAP client - so we run SOAMANAGER in the relevant DEV client and create the Runtime Definition - these show up in SICF along the lines of:

z_my_web_service_name

201                             (SAP client #)

servicename                (as per SOAMANAGER)

bindingname           (as per SOAMANAGER)

anotherservicename

anotherbindingname

yetanotherservice

bindingnumber3  

Jonathan