Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Loading a BW DSO via BODS

Hello Everyone

We are using BW 7.3 and BODS 4.1

I have a requirement to Load a BW DSO (standard DSO) via Business Objects Data Services but I am not getting much luck...

I have successfully established (tested) the RFC connection between the two systems, however I am lost from the point that mentions "

Create the BW Data Sources   -->    create or map the data sources needed with a certain RFC connection"

I am not sure what is meant by that statement, I know the BODS only loads data into the PSA, is that why I am being asked to create a new datasource? if this is correct then what type of datasource should I be creating?

I have created a DSO (which contains all of the fields that are going to be coming in) and it is going to be receiving data from a Non-SAP source that is being loading into an SQL Staging Area, I want to transfer the data from that SQL staging area into the BW DSO using BODS (BODS Triggered and controlled job)

I have been following the following document -->   BOBJ Data Services and Netweaver BW

and I have also found the Video Tutorial --> SAP D&T Academy - How to Load Data into SAP BW Using SAP Data Services - YouTube

Can someone please help me understand and if possible provide Step by Step guidance as to what I need to do and why, it will be much appreciated and of course I will share the knowledge with others.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question