Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading a BW DSO via BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

We are using BW 7.3 and BODS 4.1

I have a requirement to Load a BW DSO (standard DSO) via Business Objects Data Services but I am not getting much luck...

I have successfully established (tested) the RFC connection between the two systems, however I am lost from the point that mentions "

Create the BW Data Sources   -->    create or map the data sources needed with a certain RFC connection"

I am not sure what is meant by that statement, I know the BODS only loads data into the PSA, is that why I am being asked to create a new datasource? if this is correct then what type of datasource should I be creating?

I have created a DSO (which contains all of the fields that are going to be coming in) and it is going to be receiving data from a Non-SAP source that is being loading into an SQL Staging Area, I want to transfer the data from that SQL staging area into the BW DSO using BODS (BODS Triggered and controlled job)

I have been following the following document -->  

and I have also found the Video Tutorial --> SAP D&T Academy - How to Load Data into SAP BW Using SAP Data Services - YouTube

Can someone please help me understand and if possible provide Step by Step guidance as to what I need to do and why, it will be much appreciated and of course I will share the knowledge with others.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check these links which talks about how to integrate BW & BODS

Thanks,

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned in the blog, create a datasource in BO data services component.

In BW, you need to create a data source as a intial first step. Using info package you will load the data to PSA (it will have datasource structure) and then you need to load data to DSO.

For step by step process

Hope helps you - Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Thank you for your response, when I try to create a Datasource in the BO Data Services component, I get to the following screen....

and then I am not sure as to what would go in the "Source Object" field...   Do I put the name (or table name) of the DSO that I want to Load via BODS here?     because when I perform a "Check" I get the following Error Message

and I am not able to select other options or search for all available objects (by using the View all objects icon with the "Sunny Mountain" symbol)

Can you or someone else please help me further?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to activate the data source to use it. In your case it is saying source object 'no_owner./BIO/ZFRPTEST' not exist in repository. Check that one and replace with existing one to activate and proceed further towards DSO load.