cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI/BADI for Transfer order data update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I want to update inspection lot number for transfer order line item. Could anyone suggest any BAPI/BADI to update it

BR

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal

As a standard SAP, if the QM  is active in the warehouse at the time of receipt system automatically update the Inspection lot during Transfer order creation and same gets updated into the QM table

QALS   --  Inspection lot record

QAMB  --  Link inspection lot - material document

Few point to consider while trying to update the inspection lot directly to the TO table

1) if you are planning to directly update TO table ( LTAP-QPLOS) then i am sure it is an external number which you are planning to pass the functional module at the time of TO creation.

2) What is the use of this inspection lot as relevant QM table are not getting updated hence you won't be able to take any quality decision or process any QM related activity

3) Any technical dependency if you are updating only inspection lot field in LTAP-QPLOS

If you can elaborate your requirement in detail that will give an insight why you want to update the Inspection lot without activating the QM or directly updating the Inspection lot in Transfer order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo & Manish,

Yes, as per standard SAP if we perform goods receipt before TO creation then inspection lot created while goods receipt automatically gets updated in transfer order (LTAP table).

My scenario:

My scenario is bit different. I am using inbound delivery to create transfer order before goods receipt. (Note: In standard we can not create inbound delivery for QM active material, I am bypassing QM check) The reason for creation of TO before GR is, I am sending pallet label information to vendor and vendor is printing pallet label and then vendor sends material to warehouse.

In standard SAP inspection lot is created only on goods receipt, so when I received material I am doing PGR in inbound delivery (VL32N) and inspection lot is created at this point, now I want to update this inspection lot number in transfer order items which is already created so that proper usage decision can be taken. For updating inspection lot number I need BAPI/BADI

BR

Kamal

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no BADI/BAPI to change a TO after it was created. I also don't understand why you are creating a TO before there is work to be done. A TO should represent an actionable task which in your case is not true.

What information are you sending to the vendor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for reply. I need to create transfer order before goods receipt to get pallet label. Pallet label contains, TO no, storage unit no which is possible only after TO creation.

BR

Kamal

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't it much simpler to create the HU in the system (without the TO) and then assigning it to the TO after TO creation (during physical receipt)? TO number should be irrelevant in the pallet label because you can extract that information from SAP if you want to audit the process.

I think you should reconsider your process instead of updating SAP tables as there is no BADI/BAPI that does what you want (and the goes against best practices, you shouldn't have a TO in the system that isn't actionable).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you are right, I did consider HU for this process, but client did not want to activate HU management for warehouse, which will increase the work of packing, repacking etc

BR   

Kamlakar

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but client did not want to activate HU management for warehouse, which will increase the work of packing, repacking etc

If he made that choice, he will have to deal with the consequences of that choice. I does bring in extra work, but also brings more information and tracebility. If he didn't want the extra work (too much I know, having to repack in a special storage type is stupid), he will have to deal with the absence of TO number in pallet label, because there is no BAPI/BADI that does what you want, it goes against how SAP WM works.

He wants to have his cake and eat it. Can't have both ways.

PS: Contrary to your requirement, it is possible to abstract the pack/repack complexity from the user. I made a development for a client, that basically did all the (stupid) transfers in the background, making it easier for the user, using SAP APIs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Again,

yes, lets see if I get any other option to achieve this. Anyway thanks for reply.

BR

Kamal

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you want to trigger this change from WM?

Changing inspection lot is practically QM activity, so changing only on TO won't do any good.

What is your business scenario exactly?

I think that whatever it is should be manageable with standard QM/WM functionality without the need for ABAP coding...