Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP LVM 2.0: Provisioning - System Refresh - no virtual resource assigend

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to get a system ready for system provisioning in SAP LVM 2.0.

Standalone PCA is working, I tested with a small PCA task list.

I could add some customized operations, which worked fine tool.

If I click now on "Refresh System" at Provisioning - System and AS Provisioning - System landscape - SID, I always get same error:

Entity ZZ1 Database: ORA, sapzz1

Host sapzz1 does not have a virtual resource assigned; can only clone/copy adaptive or virtualized instances

Entity ZZ1 Instance: 00, sapzz1

Host sapzz1 does not have a virtual resource assigned; can only clone/copy adaptive or virtualized instances

In section Infrastructure - Virtualization Manager I added a VMWARE Dummy.

I don't know if this is the right section and I don't know where to make the assignment ZZ1 - VMWARE.

Where do I configure this?

Background is:

we want to make a system refresh with our own database copy scripts.

Regards,

Julia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193371
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Julia,

to do this, you need to use the custom provisioning procedure. this will replace the cloning function of LVM. Please take a detailed look at the customization blog i created.

basically you have to create your script, use it in a provider definition and use this provider definition as one of the custom prov. steps. then you need to enable your system fro custom prov. in the settings of the source system. Also keep in mind that you can only refresh a system after you have done an successful initial copy

You should involve SAP consulting int his project, since it is not easy to achieve this on your own.

Kind Regards

Michael

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thank you for your response.

I have a sourcesystem ZZ0 and I have a target system ZZ1.

For us there is no need to do a initial copy, because both systems already exists.

As far as I understood your useful blog LVM system copy has three phases - but we need for our system constellation only phase 1 and 3.

But, in any case, I would like to get step 1 working - and there I get this error I mentioned (no virtual resource assigned).

Where do I have to do this assignment?

Regards,

Julia

former_member193371
Participant
0 Kudos

you have to enable custom provisioning for your source system. this is done under configuration, systems. Select your source system and edit. On page 2 of the config you can select Use Custom Provisioning Process:select the process you created.

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I created a custom provisioning process via Setup - Extensibility - Custom Provisioning Processes.

I changed system in Configuration - Systems - Step 2: Provisioning & RFC and marked checkbox "user custom provisioning process and entered my process from previous step.

But still I get message:

Entity ZZ1 Database: ORA, sapzz1

Entity ZZ1 Instance: 00, sapzz1

For instance and database I can't enter this customized process.

Regards,

Julia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andrew_movius
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Did you resolved this ever ?

-Suharsh

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos