cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agents on the fly filters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently upgraded our solman 7.11 from SP08 to SP11. Now it looks like the local filters we had added to our agents on the fly are gone. When trying to add them again I always get the error 'The regular expressions could not be evaluated. Check Details'. No details are available however.

What I'm trying to do:

We have hosts with a FQDN as like 'host1.bc' and also 'host1-bu.bc'. Now I want to exclude the hosts ending with '-bu.bc'. Can somebody please let me know what I need to enter in the exclude local filter? '*-bu.bc' seems not to be working as domain exclusion filter, also '*-bu' as host exclusion filter results in the error mentioned above.

Any help is really appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is a list of hosts for which you want no diagnostic agent to be created using agent on-the-fly feature, then you must maintain the list of hosts in the input field "host filter" of local filters. If there are multiple hosts in the list you must separate them by comma.

You can find out the list of hosts defined at OS by using below feature of saphostctrl

On Windows: "C:\Program Files\SAP\hostctrl\exe\saphostctrl.exe" -function GetComputerSystem

On Unix: /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostctrl -function GetComputerSystem

After maintaining the list you must ensure that resulting hosts match with the hosts for which you want agent to be created. This can be checked by "display resulting-host list" option. You should retry if you get error .

You can find more detail from  below link

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agent+and+HA+Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. I understand you can enter every single host in the exclusion filter. But following the information is should work with simple regex. And that's what I'm trying to do, avoid to enter every single host separated by a comma. In the future when we add another instance, that means we have to add that one also manually to the exceptionlist.

So basically I want all hosts ending with '-bu' to be excluded. But the filter does not accept '*-bu'

For the time being I entered all host separately but I still want to know which exact regular expression one has to enter to get this working. As the Help-link next to 'Enable Diagnostics Agents On-the-fly' describes that this should work also.