cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we always copy from existing sales organization when creating new ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a newbie to this community. But can you please suggest me if I should always copy from existing sales organization (1000) when creating a new ?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing so.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharma,

If you copy from Existing Sales organization and change system will by default update

Sales organization address -ADRC

Regions and Taxes specific to country key - T005U

Sales organization language key -TVKOT

Sales area -TVTA

these update you have to manually do when you create new entry ( without copying)

Advantages by copying is Data redundancy

Advantages by create new entries is you can easily note which are the related configuration you have to do ( for example, address maintenance, Sales area setup , document type assignment)

if you are a newbie, It is suggested to go for new entries rather than copy. after getting acquainted you can use copy for next time onwards

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh.

I have another question. When creating a new sales organization by copying from existing sales organization 1000 using SPRO -> Enterprise structure -> Define, copy.. Sales Organization -> there are 2 options Define Sales Organization and copy, delete check sales organization

Can I directly select define sales organization and "copy from" 1000 or every time should I select copy, delete, check sales organization and then select copy from 1000 to my sales organization, come back to define sales organization to rename my sales organization ?

Can you please suggest me any situations where one method is preferred over another. Thanks.