cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a multi-level configuration sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client use configurable material to sell computers. And the production mode is MTO. One sales order item correspond with a production order

Now my client also sell array which consist of two computers, two storage, one UPS power etc. That means I must realize multi-level configuration. First, choose the computer type. Second, based on the choosed computer in first step, choose the cpu, disk and so on. And then based on the sales order item, there must be several production order related to the same sales order item.

Now I have semi-finished product B1,B2--computer. Class type is 300. Many characteristics is allocated to the class. B type material has the BOM which consist of cpu,disk etc.

Then I created the finished product A--array. Class type is 300. Allocated characteristics is the B1,B2. A has the BOM which consist of B1,B2 etc.

When I create sales order, I can only config the first level,choose computers for A, can not choose cpu,disk for computers.

So, how can I find a solution for this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Get the full details of the requirement and then explain to the Client what SAp can do for them.

1.  Does the Sales order BOM explode in the sales order?

2. Why do thy want this in the sales order?  They can explode the BOM in the production order, do they then need pricing at the component level?

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Waza

1.  Does the Sales order BOM explode in the sales order?

No. Just one top item would be ok for my client.

2. Why do thy want this in the sales order?  They can explode the BOM in the production order, do they then need pricing at the component level?

They do not need pricing at the component level. Exploding the BOM in the production order is acceptable. But how can I config the configurable material in components of production order?

I tried collective order, but the second level of configurable material can not generate production order. I just make use of special procurement 52 in MRP2 of top finished product. Is there something I missed?

Thanks again.