SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EA05 Outsort Billing and Invoicing Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our business users requested to add more information to the EA05 (List of Outsorted Billing and Invoicing Documents) output list to facilitate their

operation. I want to ask whether it is possible to add data fields to the EA05 output list. For example, if we want to add "Billing Quantity" field to the output list, can we do it using the standard configuration? What is the most proper and effective way to achieve this?

Many thanks for your great help!

Pat

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since outsorting is a vlidation on bill and/or invoice amount, it uses erch and ercho tables only.

If you want quantity also; z code is required in ISU_DB_INNERJOIN_ERCHO_SELECT function module where in quantity to be fecthed from DBERCHZ1 with appropriate line item type of device consumption.

However please note that data extraction from DBERCHZ1 may cause performance issue.

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only way would be via custom developments using implicit enhancements, I believe, and there is no straightforward and easy way to develop the functionality IMO.

I would hesitate trying to extract the additional data from billing or print document lines during EA05 run-time (only from headers, perhaps) because of performance implications and because the logic can get complex (time-slices, etc). Writing the already summarized necessary information into custom table(s) during billing/invoicing would no doubt also be quite a complex development and would require very good knowledge of standard billing/invoicing logic and the extension possibilities there. If the custom data would need to be deleted upon releasing documents, developing another two integration points with standard logic would be necessary...

I would try to avoid having to implement this requirement, in other words...

cheers

Jānis