cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set barcode in LT31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are new to barcode, could some one point me to the right direction on how to setup barcode especially in LT31 ( standard for print TO ). As you can see the barcode appear ( see attachment ) but it seem not like any barcode formats and when you scan it with barcode scanner it will give you no result.

Do we need to modify in ABAP for this report or there are setting so that barcode that appear in report ( LT31 ) can be scanned ?

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are definitely right, this bar code pattern is not good.

I think this is a sap script print form for TO (standard). You can see this link for some details:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Step-by-step+Sapscript+Barcode+Printing

Go to SE73 and you will see a wide range of bar-code types available in your system.
Click on the test bar code button, after choosing the bar-code type.
You will be able to print out test bar codes, you can try many bar code types until you find the right one for you. Once you find it note it down.

Now go to SE71.

Insert your sap-script form name - it might be LVSTALISTE or whatever...

Clik on Change and then Character Formats.

Click on you existing bar code character format (it might be 'BC')

Choose the bar code type you want to use.

Now you can change the field marked above (Bar code) to use the appropriate bar code type selected in the previous step (SE73).

Try printing it now, it will use the new bar code type and your RF device will scan in successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

Thanks for your input, we will try your suggestion

Thank you and best regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Funata,

If this is a Custom form then you need to take the help of ABAP team to look onto this also  make sure that your RF device is capable to read this barcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Thank you for your reply, This is standard report from SAP, and if you look the screen capture, the barcode appear "strange" ( the black and the white one have the same length / thickness ). So my think maybe it have something to do with the format / type of the barcode ?? and where do we setup this ( modify in ABAP ) ??

Thanks

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You define all your bar code related setting in mobile data entry node (Screen attached below)

Since Transfer order is a number (it should use Code-128) and it looks okey (Expert opinion need from other SCN team member) however can i suggest you to check the RF device, in all RF device there is a program to scan the Barcode apart from SAP screen. Use that functionality from RF Device, and see whether RF is able to scan if not then you need to make the setting change in RF device to read the Barcode type